Just some kind of random issues i'm having...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oddobot, Jan 4, 2009.

1. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    Ok dudes, here is the sit-u. I'm trying like hell to sell my house. Locally the markets not doing so hot, i've (along with my girlfriend) have spent time on those "we buy homes" sites.With very minimal luck. What other options are out there? Does anyone have any ideas? I can provide info about the property if you would need it.

Dilema #2, I have a crapload of old NES and SNES games on my harddrive here, is there any way I could save them to a flash drive and play them on another system? Could I possibly burn them to a disc? I'm out of the loop anymore on stuff like that, lol.

Thanks,
    Jay-Oddy

2. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont believe we can talk about your 2nd issue here.

3. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Unless you absolutely have to, I wouldn't sell your house now unless you are willing to take that kind of hit. The market will rebound, it always does, may take a few years, but it will come back and you will not lose as much.

Check out what other houses in the area are selling for that are comparable to your house, if you are not willing to go that low, there pretty much isn't anything you can do. Just wait it out until the market turns back.

The other option would be to rent your house out. I feel this should be a last resort, because unless you do background checks, you will probably get screwed.

4. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

the second question is easy all files can easily be burned to a disc or moved to a thumb drive so long as there is enough space

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Get a Realitor, let them do all that for you. They know all the areas pretty well, or should.
    Would check with your bank advisor for the rest

Dilema #2- Maybe edit your OP and delete this one. There's other sites more suitable for that info

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I wouldnt try to sell right now unless you really need to.

7. oddobot

Ebay:
    Actually, I really do need to sell pretty bad, oh, BTW Chaos Muffin, I wasn't trying to instigate any illeagalities, I was just fishing for some loose info.

8. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Is it that you want to sell your house, or you have to sell your house?

*edit*

Would jingle mail be an option in your situation?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  9. oddobot

Ebay:
    Wow, that would be my last option right there......I just don't have the money to find a new place to live right now. Plus, wouldn't that FUBAR my credit??

10. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

When did you buy the house? If it's during the peak 2005-2006 period then I understand your pain.

Depends on how much debt you have on the house, jingle mail might be a better choice for you. Yes, you will take a hit on the credit, but it's better than having a $300,000 debt. However, this means Government will pay the bank = Tax payer pays the bill for you. Loads of people walked away just because they put 0% down, so they lost pretty much nothing except the credit.

Yes, the market will rebound, but NOT to the same level as before, especially in those over inflated area like the east and west coast, if you bought the house during the perk period, then it will not bounce back to those bubbled price for sure.

11. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

My parents have the exact same problems with our house. They moved to a new house, thought they would sell their old one fast, and the market collapsed. Our real estate agent had a lot of hidden motives as we found out months later.

My advice just sit at your house as long as you can. The market will come back.