Just saw Toy Story 3

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ORIO, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, to anyone who has yet to see it, do yourself a favor and don't spoil the ending for yourself. The ending is so perfect and moving, and going in cold (unlike on ROTF) made me appreciate it so much more. I literally broke down completely in the last ten minutes.

The opening scene is such an ingenious homage to the past two movies. Overall the film was so worth the wait and is the absolute best movie of this century (since its predecessors were in the previous one). I can't wait to see it again.

One of my only disappointments is that
    most of the new characters don't really get a whole lot of attention, but this story is really about Andy's crew, which all received the farewell they deserved.

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I had the ending spoiled for me, and knew a rough summary of the final sequence, but I wept for the last ten minutes. :) 

And yes, this is by far the BEST film of the century, and the best film I have ever seen. Avatar, the Dark Knight, Star Wars, Godfather, no other film in history has anything on this. Despite being a fan, this movie really does crush any media of Transformers ever.

But NO, Ebert thinks this movie isn't perfect. He thinks it lacks emotions or something. WTF??? It's like he hasn't even seen the movie. Aw well, he still praised the film.

3. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    There were a few different cars here and there, not sure who was the new character. Best cameo: Totoro.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see this. Great ending indeed. I can see why people cried. beautiful.

5. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Saw this yestersay. When it got to the last 5 minutes, when the toys
    i choked up and broke down. I even ran out of the theatre to get a tissue! Definetely the best Pixar film. As for the Cars cameo, on the DVD it will probably show it. But, i will probably see this another time within another week. Screw anyone who gives it a bad review. My favorite new toys were Ken and Big Baby. One of the funniest scnes is when Ken is giving Barbie the dream house tour. I felt real chemistry b/w the two. What happened to Buzz is funny too.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So when does the depressing stuff start? I'm going to watch it with my GF tonight at the imax and I don't want to cry in front of her lol.

7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The last 10-15 minutes really hit you hard. And don't worry about crying, the big 3D glasses will cover your eyes. ;) 

8. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I loved this movie. I didn't weep, but I'd say that I cried at the end (I fought SO hard to keep the tears back :lol ). Definitely my favorite movie this year (it's a shame that "The Last Airbender" probably won't be as good by comparison).

Gotta say, the
    Star Wars-esque part with Big Baby and Lotso before the dump scene
    was funny and unexpected (I sorta saw it coming, but didn't expect it to be quite like that).

9. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Don't worry, I'm pretty sure she'll cry as well.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Brilliant. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Definately the best way to send off the franchise. The commercials actually did a good job about not giving everything away. For instance
    Making it seem that Lotso's really a good toy when in the movie he's pretty much a twisted warden who's gone AWOL.
    The ending half was surprisingly dark for Pixar. I was impressed.

Overall they done it again. Pixar has yet to lose the magic.

11. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Took the boys to see this today, and it was just great. At 35 years old, even I teared up towards the end of the movie. Some really heart-wrenching scenes in the movie, and some totally hilarious parts as well.

And Spanish Buzz was pure win........

12. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Wow. This movie has been robbed it's 100% by two guys on Rotten Tomatoes. I don't even know if what they wrote were reviews.

13. SuperSonic119

SuperSonic119 LOL CAT

Just to point out: Cole Smithey, one of the guys who gave it a bad review, is the half-brother of the infamous Christian Weston Chandler. Also movie was beyond fantastic.

14. Chopperface

News Credits:
    It's that asswhole Armond White.

15. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TS3 is a good movie and an enjoyable watch, but it's like Rocky Balboa, a lovingly nostalgic tribute to a movie and its characters. It doesn't even really stand on its own and means nothing without the audience's preexisting connections. Well made but definitely not Pixar's best effort, especially directly following the modern masterpieces of WALL*E and Up.

16. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, just got back and I couldn't hold back the tears lol. Its a good thing we had these HUGE 3D glasses so I could kind of play it off.

The part that really got me was when
    Andy didn't want to give up Woody

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Got back just a little while ago from seeing it. I was expecting it to be good, but it definitely surpassed that. Best thing Pixar has made since Toy Story 2 (Wall-E is the only one since then that's worth mentioning).

Without going into specifics, the ending was perfect and heartwarming. Though a bit expected all things considered. There's only one thing I would have added, and that would be to have
    Bo-Peep turn-up in the girls room

Some of the new characters could have used so me more screen-time, but that probably would have made it too long. Chunk and Sparks are still on my to-get list, and after seeing Stretch on the big-screen, I'm wishing they would have made a larger toy of her too (the one I got is nice, but could have been better).

Honestly, Big Baby creeped me out. There's just...something not right about it. The relationship between it and Lotso was cool, and definitely gave me a Star Wars vibe. Lotso is a great villain, and almost has me convinced to go out and buy the big $50 collectors version of him that comes in the large pink box with hearts all over it... (though I'm hoping to be able to find the smaller, and cheaper version of him).

As good as this sequel was, I really hope Pixar stays away from doing too many of them in the future. Honestly, Cars should have never been made in the first place, and the sequel their making is just going to be worse. I'd honestly rather see them attempt yet another Toy Story sequel, or even a similar movie using different characters.

18. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Here's the *REAL* ending, with the emotion included.

The toys get back to Andy's room just in time. The other toys jump in the box labeled "ATTIC" and Woody gets ready to climb in the box labeled "COLLEGE". He stops for a moment then writes a sticky note and places it on the box and climbs in his COLLEGE box. Andy gets to the box, opens it, freaks out that his toys are still there, then reads the sticky note, going "...really?".

The next scene has him showing up at the house of the little girl Bonnie that we were introduced to earlier in the show. She's a shy girl who LOVES to play with toys. She found Woody prior in the movie and fell in love with him, playing with him the same way Andy used to. Andy calls Bonnie over and introduces all of the toys one by one. He gets to the bottom and he's in shock ... Woody is in the box too. As he pulls out Woody, Bonnie shouts out "My cowboy!" and Andy jerks the toy back for a second, and sees tears welling up in Bonnie's eyes.

He sighs and says, "Now ... this is Woody, and he's a very special toy. Do you think you can take good care of him?" ... and Bonnie nods, gets Woody, and hugs him. Andy and Bonnie play with the toys for what apparently is hours (this is big because the toys all lament earlier that Andy doesn't play with them anymore).

As Andy is leaving, Bonnie makes Woody wave at Andy, who tears up and frowns before giving a smile and waving back. As he drives off, Woody looks sad and says, "Goodbye Andy".

Fucking tear jerker.

19. Chopperface

News Credits:
    I would like another sequel. Just because now Pixar shows what it truly can do. But seriously, this movie just ends it so perfectly... it doesn't need one.

If this had to be the LAST Pixar movie, I'd be perfectly happy. If I had to be done with Pixar now, I would.

20. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Being a sophomore-to-be in College and having gone through my own "who to take/who not to take" moment a year ago, this movie was a tearjerker from start to finish.

The thing is, if you were to ask me about every toy in my room I'd be able to take it off of the shelf and tell you each one's individual story. The scene at the end absolutely destroyed me for this reason.

Pixar is able to make and take lovable characters and stories, and I hope they never stop making high quality movies such as Toy Story 3. Honestly, I can truthfully say that WallE, Up, and TS3 have been my favorite movies of the past three years. Bravo, Pixar. Bravo.