Just saw Toy Story 3

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ORIO, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...and it was damn good!

I think Ken and Barbie are the show stealers. All the little hidden Pixar stuff is in there, some great laughs and some sweet moments.

And the ending is pretty sad. Might make you tear up a little. Not that I did...

.........don't judge me!

2. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Are there cameos in the day care from other pixar movies such as a Walle or Cars toy?

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Good to know. While I think it was inevitably going to be good, it's nice to be reassured. I do have a couple of questions for you.

How was the character Chunk? (the rock monster guy with the two faces)...

...and how big was he compared to the returning characters? (using say Woody or Buzz for a comparison).

Would you say it would be worth seeing in 3D? Only recent movie I've seen in 3D that was worth the extra couple of bucks was Avatar.

And finally, how was the short? Some I've seen have been quite good, but others have been lacking, imho.

4. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Y'know, I didn't think to keep my eye out for for Wall E or Cars characters. There's a lot of toys moving in that scene, I'm sure they're in there somewhere.

Chunk only had a couple lines, didn't do a whole lot. He's about half the size of Woody and Buzz I think.

This was the first movie I've seen in 3D. So I can't really draw comparisons to other 3D flicks. It seemed pretty cool, nothing really flying out of the screen at me though.

The short was EXCELLENT.

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    PLEASE don't post major spoilers like the details on the ending or what happens to the toys. :)  :)  I've been so patient for June 18th!

How about the size of roles of characters like Stretch, Twitch, Sparks, and Big Baby?

Is there anyone who had little screentime and little to do besides Chunk? Like Ratchet, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Jolt and Arcee in ROTF?

How about the Little Green Men? They don't seem to be doing much in trailers and such. Do they have a shining moment? How about how much dialogue they have?

6. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stretch, Twitch, Sparks are all just Lotso's gang. They don't do too much.

Big Baby has got some great moments tied in with Lotso.

Aside from "The claw, the claw!" the little green guys don't say too much :D  but they do have a glorious moment too :) 

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    June 18? It's not quite as bad as the five months it took Disney to release Up in Europe, but we still have to wait until July 23 for TS3 to come out here. :( 

8. potatojoe

potatojoe Active Member

Ebay:
    I'm looking forward to this one!

9. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Alright... how about Rex, Hamn, Slinky, Bullseye, and the Potato Heads? How big of a role do they have?

I've seen in the commercials and Japanese trailer there seems to be a battle/tussle between Andy's toys and Lotso's gang. Am I right?

With Lotso as the villain, how would you rate him out of ten compared to the other Pixar villains? Some have said he's about the evilest Pixar villain ever.

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    do wheezy, RC and bo beep apepar or they are not

11. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read somewhere that they only appear in "flashback scenes" throughout the movie

12. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Probably going to take the family to see it this weekend.We'll go see the regular "2D" version because I think 3D is a joke and it's too expensive.

13. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bo Peep, Wheezy and RC are not in it.

Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Slinky Dog, Buzz, the potato heads, Hamm, Rex, the green aliens and three army guys are all that's left of Andy's toys. And Barbie, but that's his sister's.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    saw it last night in a midnight showing. Fantastic movie. Lots of great moments.

Yeah Bo Peep and Wheezy do not appear. Woody has a line that all the other toys were garage sale-ed or donated, but they went to good homes so the other toys shouldn't worry.

Yes Ken steals the show. I wish he had more with Buttercup, Trixie and Mr. Pricklepants. They seemed a little under used. Lotso is used a bit, but Ken is a major role and is fantastic. So many mocking jokes at Ken and fashions.

The ending was touching and well done. It makes it a good place to end, but leaves it the possibility of someday picking up. It is good to leave it where it is though.

Best new toys (Sunnyside): Lotso and Ken
    Best New Toys (other place): Trixie and Mr. Pricklepants
    Worst new toy: Big Baby (it is just creepy and 'talks' like an infant)

Great opening. Better than TS2's

The movie really fools you a few times and is kinda suspenseful.

Credits list Sid as being in the movie, but it never refers to him or directly shows him. My only guess is that he is the Garbage Truck Driver at the Dump. Seems fitting.

15. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Just saw it. Horrible movie!

JK didn't see it yet. I do plan to see it with my uncle tonight or tomorrow though.

16. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Wait, wait...
    LOTSO is the villian in this movie!?

And he's supposed to get REALLY EVIL!?

I need to see this movie, now!

17. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw Bo Peep in the flashback scenes, not being played with, just standing around sort of thing.

As for your spoiler tags, I think you are right,
    as the way he was moving his arms was reminding me of the way he "rocked out" in the original movie

This was an amazing movie. We got a little teary eyed at the end, as it was a perfect ending to the trilogy. If Pixar is smart, and they have not failed yet, they should leave it as is with these characters.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I haven't seen it yet (hopefully tomorrow), but this should have been Toy Story 4. The original story for TS3 had a Buzz Lightyear recall as the plotline, and I would have loved to have seen that.

Good news! The short in front of Cars 2 next year is allegedly Toy Story related!

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    By far,
    Lotso is the evilest, and cruelest villain Disney has ever churned out. He doesn't need magic, or strength, he's just a toy, but more evil than any movie villain I have seen in a decade.

I saw it... I cried. I really wept for about five or more minutes. You will cry, fans. The final 30 minutes train-wrecked me. This most literally horrifying sequence had me weeping, and the toys handle it with such bravery and love... it broke my heart.

The opening sequence was grand, fantastic, and really what it means to have a child's imagination. Then the montage that follows, with the theme song that played, had me crying as well. Oh, this film was so heartwarming and emotional.

The ending was absolutely beautiful, and I thought since I spoiled myself a bit with a storybook I'd be ready for it... I wasn't. They pulled it off better than I'd ever hope.

This film proves that Pixar will NEVER ruin a film. Ever. It will never ruin a sequel. Ever. If this had to be the final Pixar film, then so be it. This was the most beautiful film ever, and it ended the Toy Story franchise perfectly.

20. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Sucsk that i wotn be able to see the Movie till Next week :(