Just saw Revenge Of The Fallen in London...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Big Poppa Prowl, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Poppa Prowl

Big Poppa Prowl Badass Autobot Strategist

Just saw ROTF, and I have to say that I was pretty disappointed. I am a lifelong transformers fan and when I found out the movie opened here on 6.21.09, I ran out to see it as soon as I could. I wanted to love it, especially with a bunch of my favorite characters like Jetfire and Soundwave making appearances and more guarenteed screentime for the other guys. Sadly, it's just not a good story and it seems as if Michael Bay tried too hard to top the first movie at an expense to making a good movie.

What I mean by this is that the audience is hit over the head with the key elements that we all loved and hated in the first movies.

-There is WAY more transformer screen time. (Which is good and bad because after a while a lot of the characters blended together...especially the decepticons. Still, the fights were the best part of the movie and there were lots of themj).

-There was about 8 times as much slow motion camera panning up and down Megan Fox. Normally, as a guy I would love this, but it made the movie pretty ridiculous in those spots. The audience was laughing at the movie.

-Perhaps it was seeing the movie in London, but there seemed to be more talk of America in this movie than before. The government guys throw Obama's name around and all the talk is about the FBI, CIA, U.S. Special forces...yet the movie takes place in several different countries that have their own militaries. Very weird.

-There is a scene when Shia almost dies that is laughably bad. It was tough to watch.

-Jetfire is awesome, and you want to see more of him onscreen than you do. Same goes for Soundwave, Sideswipe, and Arcee. I was very surprised to find myself REALLY liking Wheelie, who sounded like Steve Buscemi.

-There are funny parts in the movie, but three things that are NOT funny at ALL are the twins and the kid who is supposed to be Shia's roommate. All three were supposed to be comic relief, but all three did not get one laugh from a very engaged audience. The twins were Jar Jar Binks-esque.

-The subject matter in the movie is pretty adult, and I'm no saint. Everyone is talks a LOT about sex and (for some bizarre reason) there are tons of testicle, balls, and scrotum references in the movie. By a late John Turturro Devestator balls joke, you are completely exhausted by it. The mom getting high seemed like the worst anti-drug message ever to kids.

-The other girl in the movie is almost as hot as Megan Fox. She was gorgeous.

Anyhoo, that's all I have. Hopefully the movie gets better after repeat viewings, but at first glance it was cheesier than the first movie, had a worse plot, and the only thing holding it up was the amazing special effects.

2. Agonize

Agonize Decepticon

You Sir need to stop citin' stuff we already know and lay down some good spoilerish stuff. If you expected ROTF to be superior to the first you must've been hiding your head on a place where the sun doesn't shine.

To finish this post, stand in the corner with the rest of the guys who did not like this movie and expected a perfect story and all that shit. If you want story, go see Lord of the Rings or a Tarantino movie which contains dialogue nobody can follow and makes no sense 99.99% of the time.

Thank you!

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

This needed its own thread.

4. Agonize

Agonize Decepticon

The 9 pound turd I just put on the world does though ... ;) 

Close this or merge with the central-review topic would be the best thing to do.

5. Ginny R.

Ginny R. Member

So should everybody who has seen the movie start a new thread? OMG, imagine how this board will look like two days from now. :rolleyes: 

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.