Just saw Rattatoie (if that's how its spelled)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Liege Prime, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was really fun. Great animation, decent story. Beautifull visuals. It was a bit less humorous then I expected. It really seems that Dreamworks likes to shoot for more comical animated movies that try to make you laugh more, and Pixar continues to try to make their movies more story oriented and meaningfull. I enjoy both styles when done right, and I was entertained with Rattatoie, and that's the most important thing.

2. NegaPrime

NegaPrime Banned

Neat. I was kind of surprised to see a Pixar movie come out without all the buildup that their previous releases (Cars, Toy Story, etc.) all had.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On a scale of 10...how would you rate it?

4. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Wow, did nobody see this movie??! Shameful!

Anyway, I saw it earlier today, and it was pure win. I think a 10 might be too high, but I think loved it that much. :)  Easily the best animated anything I've seen in years, and also easily my favourite movie from Pixar! :)  Loved the characters, and the writing, and the animation. All around a fun movie for me!

Also, Im not too big on Pixar's movies, but this one I found truly enjoyable.

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm probably going to see it tomorrow or Sunday, I really admire Pixar's stuff

6. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I'm torn between this and Diehard...kinda meh on the latter because I'm numb to Bruce Willis...no offence to any of his fans.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    This movie is a big ripoff of Anatole.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For a numerical score I'd probably go with an 8. I am pretty harsh on movies so that's pretty high in my book. However, with the price of movies these days and the quality of home entertainment systems, it's getting harder and harder to justify movie money to see things. As long as you like animation in any way you should enjoy this.

9. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    i saw it last night, i give it a 9! it was really well made, the story was great (yay Brad Bird!) and i thought it was funny. plus the ending animated credits harkened to old school disney days, which was also really wonderful! too bad it takes pixar to make a real disney movie again...

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    An 8! That's a pretty decent score..and yeah, you're aboutthe rising prices of movie tickets...

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I saw this one last night. I am a huge PIXAR fan but not so much so that anything they make flies with me. I wasn't a fan of Cars and thought PIXAR lost thier luster because of it.

Ratatouille, my god what a masterpiece. The animation was brilliant. Pixar always blows me away with there attention to detail in both the visual and the audio.

The story was tight. Most cartoons don't give much thought into solid plots. Leaving a lot of room for plot holes to make the movie move forward. I found this movie actually made a point to have an extremely solid story line.

Solid story, solid animation and solid laughs mixed in with memerable characters make for a must see film to all animation fans or those young at heart.

One thing not mentioned. The animated short in front of the film was brilliant, hilarious and also a must see.

I would have to give this animated instant classic a 10 out of 10. I didn;t see any faults in it thus have no reason to deduct points from it.

Enjoy
    Transbot90210