Just rewatched The Search for Alpha Trion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Infosaur, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

a.k.a. The Fembots episode.

But some interesting plot details have surfaced. Things that were throway lines at the time might be,,,, more than meets the eye.

In War Dawn, A-3 rebuilds Orian Pax into Optimus Prime, and also does some work on Ariel (though not explicitly shown) We still do not know what happend to Dion although many infer that it is Ultra Magnus (though the colors being WAY off it seems inconsistant that he would get a repaint when OP and E1 keep their original colors. Also I noticed he transforms like Kup, but then with G-1 animation that means nothing)

Anyway, so A3 builds Optimus and E1 and one other.

In The Serch for Alpha Trion, Elita1 has some sort of time stopping ability that drains her her life force (remeber this is BEFORE the term "spark" came about) She was very concerned about Op taking an acid bath that she used her "never use this" power. At the time we all laughed and figured it was a she's gonna save her boyfriend thing.

but 20 years of retrospective make these episodes VERY intriguing (if poorly acted)

When did Optimus get the matrix? We all assume he got it when he became Prime, since Orian Pax was little more than a dock worker. And A3 is a nutty old bot with many machivelian schemes aboutso most fandom has assumed HE gave Prime the Matrix (there may be more evedence in season 3)

The Matrix is the ONLY THING that can defeat Unicron. And Prime has it, and A3 knows it. Yet,,,,, HE BUILT Elita 1 and gave her a TIME STOPPING ABILITY!!!

Okay let it sink in.

sure this is only coincedence but if you think about it.

Elita 1 was made to sacrifice herself if Optimus couldn't use the Matrix against Unicron.

This has massive implications!

This may explain why she used her power to save Prime, not because she loved him, but because she knew the matrix would be destroyed by the acid and with it hope of defeting Unicron.

Although Optimus & Co. have been MIA on Earth for 4 million years, Elita was working DIRECTLY for Alpha Trion. She might know EVERYTHING (as far as Primus/Unicron/the Matrix/Cybertronian pre-history/etc.) making her more of a High Priestess than a mere rebel leader.

The last question I have is,,,, now more than ever, who is Dion? And does he have any special abilities?

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    dun dun dunnnnnnn

taking this a bit too far are we :-\ I try not to dig any deeper than what the is on the surface with G1.

3. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

:lol  I read all that and it made my head hurt but I wasnt going to say anything because I didnt want to be mean, but oh well. ;) 

I guess I just havent reached this level of geek yet, carry on!

4. Windturf

Windturf Insane Ratchet Fan

I always thought Dion died.

5. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Have the cartoon writers ever come forward with any insights as to any "behind the scenes" info, motivations, etc.? Would be interesting.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I still say that Alpha Trion just made Dion into a blender or a chair or something.

7. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Dion gets repainted into Wheelie and gets banished to Quintessa

8. PakiroVah

PakiroVah Hasbro's Slave

Hmm, maybe Dion was the Toasterbot! :p 
    J/K, I think he died. Seriously, his name is pronounced "Dyin'"! What, maybe his counterpart, Livon, is alive.

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I always thought Dion was Ironhide.

As to deep meaningful plots in the G1 series, I don't think there was any. Remember, the cartoon started there was no matrix, it was created in the Marvel comics stories, then picked up for the movie.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While an intriguing story... I think you're digging a bit too deep into G1. Personally, I try not to go much deeper than the bigger picture with those old episodes. I mean, it'd be cool and all and would really bring to question some things about Alpha Trion, but I just don't think the writers of the original G1 series were that smooth nor did they have any ideas about the Matrix at that time.

...though I do suppose that they might have had some incling of the Matrix considering that the movie was way into the planning stages durring the run of season two... so... maybe...

11. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Okay let's clear one thing up real quick, I am DAMN NEAR POSITIVE the episode was written as a "Prime risks everything for his long lost love" piece. It could quite possibly border on Mary Sue-ism since Fembots in general have rasied more questions then they've answered. (most likey some Exec thought 'there aren't enough girls in the demo, we'll have to add some female charachers')

What I am pondering is, though pure coincedence, they've left a hole big enough to write a twelve book run though.

and Lady Starcream? That just hurts, really. I'm gonna go pester a Startrek board now. :p 

12. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

:lol  It was all in fun! ;) 
    I found it entertaining having just re-watched that episode myself recently.

13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just watching it now...

'The Search For Alpha Trion

Written by Beth Bornstein'

14. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

You're watching a G1 episode and asking if a plot hole is just a coincidence? ;)  :lol 

J/K

I guess it's a decent episode, although I say DW handled them A LOT better and they only appeared in like 2 or 3 issues

15. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

you n me both :lolol 

16. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Maybe Dion is Grimlock...

17. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Dion is Kup! <=[

18. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Dion is Ironhide!
    Alpha Trion turned him into Ironhide IMO.
    A lot of times Ironhide is considered Prime's oldest friends. They could have become friends after Optimus was presented as the new leader, but then again it could be Dion. If you ask me, I think it is Dion.

19. Absurdicus

Absurdicus Ridiculous G2 Combiner

Are you guys kidding? Reading too much into old episodes is 50% of the fandoms I'm in! I love finding crazy explanations for stuff that might not be there. A lot more fun than just taking the surface meaning, cause that leads nowhere. :) 

20. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Dion has to be Ultra Magnus. If you connect the Scramble City episode, which was Metroplex built back in 1986, then Magnus is seen with Optimus all the way to the very end of the episode. Excluding the Season 3 characters (save the Autobot Casettes, Metroplex, Magnus, Trypticon, and Decepticon Casettes), it all makes sense. How else would it be possible that Dion shares the same blue prints with Orion Pax and Ariel when then got upgraded into Optimus Prime and Elite One?