Just Read "Wanted..."

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Razerwire, May 10, 2006.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    By Mark Millar...

Pretty damned good... I liked it a lot...

Lots of violence and language though so if that's not your thing, I'd consider passing...:thumb 

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So tell us more about it. Who's the main character and what is his super-power ability? :p 

3. Razerwire

News Credits:
    From the back of the TPB:

"Cubicle-dwelling Wesley Gibson thought he was the same as everyone else. Wesley's life changed the day he discovered he is the son of "The Killer," a member of an underground fraternity of supervillains who have secretly been running the world since 1986.

Brought into the fraternity after his father is slain, Wesley comes into his own abilities as the new Killer and a veil is lifted from his eyes as he sees the world he never knew was there. In a world where all the superheroes are dead, Wesley joins the villains while trying to unravel the mystery of his father's murder. Wesley Gibson is a son, a killer, a hero... and WANTED."

His ability is basically this: he can and will kill everyone he wants...

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i picked up this series as it was coming out back a few years ago, or whenever it came it..pretty sweet little story, love the scene where they show the villains defeating everyone....and yeah, its a good real, very violent messed up story....i loved the ending, it was just so fitting....

5. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Also, the ending can be real polarizing; I've seen people either really like it or really hate it.

Did you notice the implication that
    Christopher Reeve, Adam West, and Lynda Carter were the "actual" Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman analogues before the villains took over, altered time and reality to turn them into human actors?

6. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Yeah, I loved how Millar wrote that...:thumb 

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

It was a fantastic series. I loved it when it was coming out. The whole concept was very cool indeed.

Some big BIG supervillain dies and his day to day loser of a son is brought into the secret society of villains. At first the guy is reluctant but once shown what really is going on in the world, he learns everything there is to know about being a great villain.

The idea of the villains actually running the world was a nice concept in itself. Then they are all at odds with each other by dividing up the world. Rictus was a cool character because he was truely evil. The rest were all villains but had a sense of honesty among each other.

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I LOVED the background story of Mr. Rictus... Just awesomely thought up...:rock