Just read Regeneration One

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by DocSeth81, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Kash613

Kash613 Member

You know that comment in issue 86 always bugged me because back in issue 73 or 74 the dinobot asked Grimlock about checking who was getting the shot of nucleon and Grimlock said no it doesn’t matter they’re all autobots anyway. But in 86 the autobots were criticizing Grimlock about being choosey about who got it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. HasTok_WFCTX_106492

HasTok_WFCTX_106492 Well-Known Member

I just wonder when did omega supreme leave the ark? since we don`t see him at all during the unicron war in issue #75 but yet he appears in RG1. And the other deal is that the only decepticon lying in stasis aboard the ark was megatron, where did all those other decepticons come from?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  3. Grimlock528

Grimlock528 Well-Known Member

Apparently Grimlock was too distracted by the monsters and his transformation into non-transformation. That, and Optimus Prime/Hi-Q emerged and was like, “the ark? No no no. We’re not looking for that. Trust me. It’s fine. Wherever it ends up.”

4. Grimlock528

This is a good point. Apparently after the Underbase saga Scorponok didn’t retrieve his dead or wounded and so the Autobots (being responsible for once) picked up their leftovers and stored them as well.

5. HasTok_WFCTX_106492

Transformers_issue_50_endofpeace.jpg
    That`s what furman claimed after being asked that question, but he contradicts issue #50 when scorponok says he would retrieve his fallen decepticons and optimus his autobots, plus grimlock knew aside from not knowing about megatron there was only autobots in stasis when pumping the nucleon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I agree with those who think RG1 should have been a continuation of G2 #12, not a bizarre continuation of G1 #80.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Androzani84

Androzani84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There’s not much to go from there. Only one potential villain and if the decided to go back to traditional set-up, it would require the mother of all reality warps.

8. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I disagree.

You have a reformatted Optimus Prime attempting to helm a ravaged Cybertron with the assistance of a less-than-enthused Megatron...one who may eventually be corrupted once again by Liege Maximo. Meanwhile, the Autobots have been facing adversity for so long...how does a once peace-loving race turned-warriors embrace peace again? What does Blades do in his spare time if he can't chop up Decepticons? There's plenty of story to be told when you have an entire planet at war with itself for millennia suddenly coming to terms with peace, only to have to deal with a new existential threat of Leige Maximo and the now-rudderless off-world "Cybertronian Empire".

9. Grimlock528

Truth. I guess what I meant to say was although Scorponok said he would tend to his wounded, he simply doesn’t.
    Was Grimlock really knowledgeable about any Decps bodies?
    Anywho, Prime should of dropped Scorponok right then and there and ended the “battle for Earth”.

10. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Whatever Furman claimed Scorponok did or didn't it matters not because it was just an excuse of a writer who couldn't be bothered. He failed to keep within the continuity he was writing so-called "continuation" of.

This continuity snarl was just one more mediocrity piled into RG1.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Personally? I found Regen to be one of the most joyless reading experiences in IDW. Not the worst written book but a book devoid of feeling. It felt almost cynical in its delivery, really felt like Furman turning round and walking away. And that's apart from the fact I just don't think it's great or that the whole genetic decepticon schtick is ridiculous and destructive in a narrative sense.

12. Kash613

Kash613 Member

They came from issue 19? Maybe? When omega Supreme crushed them. But I think it was in the 40’s that the decepticons were able to steal the bodies of most of the cons. How they got back there I have no idea.

13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    My idea is to have a separate Regeneration 2 series. Like Regeneration One though, it would start from #81 but would include the original Generation 2 comic series in its numbering.

#81 - #82: New issues leading directly from the end of #81 into the beginning of G2 #1.
    #83 - G2 #1 - G2 #12.
    #95 - #100 New issues set after G2 #12. Dead characters from the G2 comics stay dead. Other G2 toys make their Marvel continuity debut.

14. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Red Alert and Smokescreen throw Grotesque in the pit to get vaporized, and the latter says some of the bodies were Autobots. There is no mention of who they are.

Also, Shockwave tells Starscream in #77 there are Autobots in stasis pods prior to launch.

15. HasTok_WFCTX_106492

Not only was the ark forgotten after issue #76 but also in rg1 where nobody bothered to look for it or take it out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

From what I recall grimlock crashed the ark into unifrom, And soon after the fight with Unicron The planet started acting as if it was coming apart

During which shockwave and screamer took the artk back to earth, And being with another crash back in the Arctic

I wouldn’t say it was forgotten it was likly considered destroyed

17. Grimlock528

It was pretty badly damaged on Earth, But none of the Autobots on Cybertron knew that.
    Out of sight out of mind. I guess.
    Kinda removes the concept that the Autobots were completely responsible for what happened. As far as they knew, Earth was forgotten by the Cons too.

18. HasTok_WFCTX_106492

Proof furman ran out of ideas in rg1,same picture different comics: T2006_showdown.jpg transformers-comics-regeneration-one-issue-94-cover-ri_1377571726.jpg

19. HasTok_WFCTX_106492

In issue #76 grimlock stated that the ark was damaged but somebody stole it and had to get it repaired." the new United Cybertronian compound, Prowl gives his news to a less than enthusiastic Grimlock. When Grimlock moves to go about his business with little more than a word, Prowl grabs him and tries to drill home his new responsibilities. Grimlock shoots back, telling him that the Ark has been stolen, complete with several deactivated Autobots who were never fully brought back by the Nucleon. Grimlock was planning to lead his Dinobots on an expedition to track down and retrieve the lost ship. Prowl's not done, though. He reminds Grimlock that Optimus Prime upheld a code of ideals for the Autobots, including the notion that Autobots do not kill, unless as a last resort to save others. He makes Grimlock vow to carry on Prime's views".

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

So it was considered stolen and MIA meaning missing in action not much of a difference from what I said