Just re-watched the first movie...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Torque, May 1, 2009.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    wow. just... wow. i dont think i could ever get tired of seeing this movie-Blackout's transformation, Bonecrusher's scenes-the setting of Cybertron and the introduction of the Autobots moments before... this is one of the best movies ever. and its great cause now that i know whats going on and whats happening before it happens, i can appreciate how intricate the designs are, especially when watching them transform. just... wow

i felt the need to express myself, thats all ^_^ when was the last time you guys saw the movie?

2. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

A couple of weeks ago, actually.

I found that I couldn't really watch the Sam's story scenes. I tried, I really did, but I watched Blackout, skipped all of Sam's story, and went straight to the Autobots arrival and watched it from then on.

I also noticed that the scenes with the humans in it during the TF segment even started to get on my nerves. I don't know if the voices on the internet swayed me or what, but the film just doesn't hold up to repeat viewing in my opinion.

I'm just hoping ROTF is a hell of a lot better than the first. It looks to be, it seems like it has the potential, and I'd cry if it was a rehash of the first one.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I watched it earlier this week since it's back in the HBO rotation. I can watch it whenever, it is fun. When I pop in the DVD though, I tend most of the human parts and focus on the robots (except when the Autobots are at Sam's house and evading Sector 7). The Arrival to Earth scene (the money shot for me, enhanced by Steve Jablonsky's score) and Prime arriving at the Mission City battle, transforming, and confronting Megatron are the scenes that still give me goosebumps.

4. Sinshen32

Sinshen32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just this morning on bluray.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I put it on about once a month. All my criticisms of it aside, it's still entertaining as hell. Probably watched it over 100 times at this point... just like I did with TFTM when I was a kid. :) 

6. johndoe1041

johndoe1041 Active Member

Only about 45 minutes of that movie is still watchable for me. It's a good 45 minutes though.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Yeah, when I watch it, I watch the opening Qatar scene, Scorponok versus the people, and the Barricade in the parking garage scene to when Mojo pees on Ironhide, then I skip to the Hoover Dam scene and finish it up.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    My elder sister had never seen it so we watched it yesterday. About an hour in I noticed her looking at the clock and shuffling in her seat. She continued to do that throughout the rest of the film. As soon as the credits started she was up and on her way out of the door before the bits with the parents talking to interviewers even got a chance to start. According to her it was an okay film but it really dragged between the robot parts. I have to agree with her as I was getting fidgety myself knowing how long it would be before the pointless bits were over and we could get back to the CGI.

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Last time I watched it was about a month ago. I played it alongside a rifftrax, and it was hilarious.
    I mean I gripe about the movie a lot, but it's okay. Certainly not among my top ten list, but okay.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I've grown tired of the hacker parts..but everytime I try to watch the movie just for a small bit I usually end up watching it all the way to the end...addictive!

11. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had to sit through this movie to see the new trailer in Imax and I can't fucking stand it anymore. I watched it too may times. I won't make that mistake again.

12. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Everytime i see it i skip the human scenes :p  All i want is robot action! XD
    Havent seen it in a month, i think its a good time to rewatch it. ^^

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    That's what I think also.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    If I ever skip any parts, it's the hacker subplot. Useless.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    One of the DVD special features should be a cut of the movie that just shows those robot parts.

16. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Watch it the other day on HD-DVD. Yes, I bought the HD-DVD version.

Still like it a lot. Even the human parts..

17. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watched it about a month ago, it's still awesome, but i do HATE the hacker subplot, so that usually gets skipped. The rest is all good though.

18. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually last year I think. Maybe around December I was bored and felt like watching it. I love the movie but its not one I can watch over and over again. ROTF may be one though...

19. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    absolutely.

I'd watch it all the time if it was just the FX reel set to the score. Throw in the money shots, explosions and pervy-cam shots too.

Be fantastic for demoing audio-visual and home cinema equipment. I often see the movie playing on the screens in electronics stores. I usually stop and take in a minute or two.

20. zbrillante

zbrillante i love pigs

2 minutes ago with a side order of fries please. oh please extra ketchup is needed.