Just purchased a Alternators Silverstreak...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FortressMaximus1976, May 20, 2007.

1. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've been kinda curious about this line after looking up some fan reviews on youtube. So, yesterday I purchased a Silverstreak MISB from Amazon. I know the Binaltechs are die-cast, vs the plastic Alts from the U.S. But just wondering what peoples opinions are on this line. The one I wanted to start out with was Silversteak because he is IMO, the best looking of all the alts ive seen pics of. Just wondering how you think this line stands up, and will I be hooked after receiving this purchase. Thanks.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Awesome line.

Horrible distribution.

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The line is a feast for collectors, not only for the G1 characters updated so well but also because there's so many that are hard to find and so many that are simple to find. The distribution was pretty bad for the series but I'd blame overproduction of earlier waves and the reissues/repaints of the later waves for that, too much shelf clogging. As a line itself, it's one of my favorites, excellent figures in both modes all around, even the repaints I'd say I'm at least satisfied with.

4. looksgood

looksgood Well-Known Member

One of the good thing from ALTs is no peeling problem. But whether ALTs are crispy? I dont know, cuz I've never done the comparison works before. Hope not like that:D 

5. looksgood

looksgood Well-Known Member

Wait a second, maybe BT figures are too crispy, cuz there are much heavier metal around bearing point?

6. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a shame you've only just discovered alts, they are (or were) a fantastic line. Some alts go for ludicrous prices now on eBay *ahem* Mirage, Swerve *ahem*, but many are just hard to find now. I would say all of them look better in person then in the pictures, even the controversial repaints (maybe even Rollbar :) ), and the engineering involved, although not perfect, is amazing.

If you do catch the alt. bug, don't hang around in getting them; it'll probably be very difficult and expensive to be a completist now though.

7. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    ESPECIALLY Alt Mirage, that toy is very rare and elusive..

8. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ... and yes you will be hooked.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I don't know how it is down in Connecticut, but with the stores around here gearing up to push the movie toys, they seem to be trying to clear out all their old TF stock.

That means that we're actually seeing some of the last few waves of Alternators popping up at retail! Just last week I found Sunstreaker, Tracks, Meister(Jazz), Optimus, Skids, Rollbar and Ricochet on the shelves of local stores.

So it wouldn't hurt to check around locally, just in case.

zmog

10. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Silvertreak's a nice Alt to start with. Mine seemed to have a problem with the waist. It doesnt seem to be connected properly or something. It wobbles about a lot unlike Smokescreen. I dont know if anybody else's is like that but I exchanged it for another one and it had the same problem.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Silverstreak is one of the best. Great choice to start with.

12. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I highly recommend grabbing as many Alts as you can. They are the finest engineered Transformers ever, although they did suffer a bit from repaint fever. Most of them are not too difficult to find. The latest wave in stores now is Ravage version 2 and Rumble. Get them while the getting's good. At the very least, grab at least one of each Alternator mold.

The more difficult ones to get are going to be Swerve, Decepticharge, Camshaft, Nemesis Prime (an online and convention exclusive) and Mirage, as they had limited distribution. Most of the others can be had from $20-$35 on ebay, and even cheaper if you hold out on the Junkion here on the boards for people needing some cash.

I only need about five more to complete the line. I hope I don't catch the same bug with Binaltech. I just got my first, Broadblast, and I am very happy with the diecast and increased quality.

13. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I haven't really come across many Alts in Connecticut..at least the stores I've gone into. The Targets, Wal-Marts, etc in my area seemed to have been RAMPENT with Richochets, and even though he's the Subura Impreza, he never grabbed my attention, like the Silverstreak..or Meister also..whom Im sure would be my next purchase..but I don't see too many Alts around here...and we seem to have an overabundance of Classics Mirage in many stores around here, as well as Hot Rodimus...those two seem to occupy many a toy store shelves

14. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

And to think I returned one because I didn't like the paint peeling off from the white stripe.. but I got another one to replace it soon after. However I only saw 3 at the store. I also passed up Swerve cuz I was tired of the Tracks repaint at the time (already have blue & yellow). Doh!

I managed to get one of every alt car based on G1 character to apply the reprolabel on. I am happy that I did it before the price for some of the alts inflated. I would advise that you get a few that you really like but few that you must get imo are Mirage, Meister, Tracks, and Hound. If you can get Optimus, Sideswipe, and Wheeljack and/or Grimlock that would be even better.

15. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Upon opening teh box you should consider yourself pwnd by teh Alt. Bug and may proceed to sell your bodily organs on e-Bay so that you will be able to afford to complete the rest of the line. Have fun... I still need 4

16. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

You made a wise choice. Alt Streak often comes up as the #1 on "If you were to show a TF to some guy, what one would you show?"

I also highly recommend Alt Shockers if you can get over the awkward arms, and Alt Wheeljack if you can afford the Reprolabels.

17. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I have all the BTs except 17 ( dont want to spend a foprtune on a stupied exclusiv repaint.) and the BTA that has diecast. I have not a singel one that is only plastic. I have not hade a singel problem with any of m BTs. I am probably one fo those few here that dont transform a TF every week or so. I transform them once and put them in a pose and they stay like that in a glass shelf. If u dont gonan transform them alot of times and play with them but are like me then I would say BT is better. They look better , they feel heavier and I think they are just better. But if your gonan transform them over and over again stick with alts.

18. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

A great line, got me back into transformers. Distribution just sucks and paying the online prices does hurt the wallet. But the toys are worth it.

I have collecting every alternator and all are MISB, now just gotta collect the rodimus one when it becomes available.