Just picked up Universe Sunstreaker and....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BigRC83, Jul 9, 2008.

1. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    I am a bit disappointed. I know this topic has been brought up before but I needed to create my own since I finally own one. First of the windshield is not nice and smooth. It has several tiny scratches witch is annoying. It also has a tiny bit of yellow paint drops from the manufacturing on the windshield. The plastic also fells very cheap unlike the Classics 1.0 and finally his back does not snap into place. Has anybody else ran into these problems? I hope the rest of this line is not like this.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have him yet, but from what I hear and see, it seems as though the new Universe toys have designs that are a little more influenced by the movie line, where is the Classics had more of a Cybertron influence. Generally, that means that, as a deluxe, it would carry over the movies lighter and more hollow plastic to accomodate a more detailed molding and complex transformation. As far as the QC issue with the paint and scratches, well, that can happen with anything from any line.

3. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    gonna give mine a paint job

4. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Hmm. You must have got a weird one. Mine's not like that.

5. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

same here.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The windsheild and paint is just sloppy quality control. Sounds like you got a lemon, dude.

I don't know what you're talking about with the Plastic quality. I think this and Aniamted's plastic has never been better. The first classics feel like knockoffs next to these. (Particularily Megatron and Bumblebee. Sorry BB) Of course, I only have Sunstreaker, so I can't speak for the whole line.

As for the front of the vehicle snapping down, you have to make sure all the extending bars and stuff are extended fully. Also, the black peice (grill? I dunno what it's called) on the front bumper needs to be flipped up.

7. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Again, I don't know about Sunstreaker, but I do think Animated TF plastic seems to be of higher quality in general to the movie figures. So, if the new Universe figures use the same as the movie figures, I would say they feel lower quality then Cybertron or Animated. Not that there aren't tradeoffs. Either way, I have some KO's and despite what people say, I haven't bought a Hasbro toy that feels anywhere near as cheap as the KOs. BB and Megatron seem fine to me.

8. BigRC83

News Credits:
    Just to rephrase myself, I would not call it light scratches. It is more like fogged up.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I meant compared to. I wasn't dissing the first Classics quality just saying that I thought that Animated and Universe (Sunstreaker) have such high quality it makes other good gaulity plastic figures seem cheap.

10. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    That's good to know, not that I wouldn't be getting him anyways.

11. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

My Sunstreaker's back didn't pop into place when I first transformed him either, but after fiddling around with it for a while it finally snapped into place. Are you sure you just haven't found the right way to fold it?

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the back thing took me a little bit to figure out. so did the backpack/gun combination. Paint job's decent, looks like we can't avoid the color mismatch with transparent plastic, so only real problem with mine is the 5 degree kilter of the chest.

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Mine's perfect!:D 

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Just kinda curious though.

Wouldn't you be able to see the problems with the windshield in package before you purchased the figure? I mean, I haven't handled any of the new Universe figures so I can't comment on plastic or anything like that, but the paint and scratches on the windshield you mention seems like something you yourself could have avoided by simply like..looking at the figure before purchasing it.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The paint thing is what happens when you don't look at the figures in package before buying. The back thing is common when you first get him, if it's not messed up ofcourse. It took me a good 3 minutes to find where the back plugs.

16. BigRC83

News Credits:
    Yes, I did inspect the figure before purchase. It looked fine to me.