Just picked up MTMTE 1-7, couple (maybe spoilers) questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by jtscribe, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

- When/how did Megatron die?

- Whirl attempting to nursemaid Springer into death . . . why?

- Seems to me like Cyclonus is the only Decepticon on the Lost Light. Are there others?

2. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    He may not be dead, he disappeared after the battle with D-Void and the Deceptigod at the end of Chaos which wound up the previous on-going. Prime thinks that he's out there, somewhere.

Springer is in a coma after the events of Last Stand Of The Wreckers. Whirl was trying to put him out of his misery.

If you have read all of the issues, you'll know the answer to that...

3. jtscribe

I have read all the "ations", Last Stand of the Wreckers, and All Hail Megatron, but skipped the ongoing books. Everyone was raving so much about MTMTE I figured I'd check it out. I didn't know if the Whirl/Springer thing had been shown or if this was the first time we found out about it.

I guess I need to go back and look, most of the characters who've been in the forefront have been Autobots.

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, apart from a mention in Roberts short story Zero Point which was an extra in the LSOTW Hardcover (not read it though myself, yet) this is first we've heard of Springer, and why Whirl got booted from the Wreckers.

You're not missing much with the ongoings, and you should be able to get up to date by reading the summery's on Wiki. I would recommend picking up the Roberts penned Chaos Theory two parter though, the stand out highlight of the on-going.

I'd also recommened picking up The Death Of Optimus Prime, which is the link between Costa's ongoing and RID/MTMTE.

The last frame in issue 6 will answer your Decepticon question ;) 

5. jtscribe

I got the digital collection that has Death of Optimus and 1-3, so I know about his exile, the NAILs, etc. Loving this series so far.

6. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you skipped ongoing then at least get ongoing 22-23 written by roberts. whirl has a mall part in it

7. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2. Whirl isn't really sane and he thought Springer was never going to recover so he tried to euthanize Springer.

3. Cyclone isn't a Decepticon. He is part of a crew of TFs lead by Nova Prime that includes Galvatron, Jhiaxus and Scourge.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    -Megs is missing, presumed dead. He fought some stupid shit

- Whirl is fucking crazy, dunno if you know that.

- Cyclonus isn't a Decepticon, as he will remind you often.