Just Noticed on Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey guys,

After watching Prime "Partners" that Optimus had a SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT Trailer in that episode,is this the first time he had one on here. I really wish Hasbro would rethink there decision about Prime and No Trailer,as a lot of fan's (like me) think he is just NAKED without it.If Takara can do trailers for most of there Optimuses like Masterpiece,that new one voyager size for DOTM,and others then why can't Hasbro.After all Optimus with his trailer is the most iconic part of him.

So in conclusion I wish Hasbro would make one for him after the figures are released early next year.Oh and one last thing even though its still early but it looks like Ultimate Prime is selling pretty good even tho he's only been out a week.Later guys.

2. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    I don't remember if it's the same trailer from "Convoy". I'd have to check.
    Hell, I don't even remember a trailer in "Partners" :lol 

Edit: Here's the trailer from "Convoy":
    [​IMG]

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Prime had the same trailer in Convoy.

I don't like Prime with a trailer because it's cumbersome, and it's totally seperate to his robot mode. When he transforms it always becomes stationary. It's just a big, useless box that gets in the way of the action.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Same reason I skipped out on the masterpiece Rodimus, waiting on the Hasbro version. A big chunk of plastic sitting on a shelf is useless to me. Same thing plotwise, if it doesn't magically dissapear it's a big, useless piece of thing. I much prefer it when the trailer forms armour. I wonder if Prime will go that route eventually.

They seem to be pretty canny with the trailer in Prime, though. It only turns up when it fulfills a purpose. I suppose they've also got a reason for if it ever dissapears - Ratchet just groundbridges it back. :D 

5. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Well, a trailer made out of Autobot metal would probably serve as good cover :p 

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's not that Hasbro can't do them, it's because they choose not to do them. Considering the fandom makes-up a small portion of Hasbro's audience, and the fact that most trailers would only appeal to us (not even all of us, tbh), they wouldn't sell well enough to be worth producing. The few trailers that Hasbro are releasing this year all have a gimmick to them, and have a strong media tie-in, where as a TFP trailer would literally just be a box on wheels.

Honestly, even as much as I love TFP, I don't think I would go for a trailer for Optimus. It's cool in the show, but not something I'd want to own a toy of. That is, unless he upgrades it so it's more than just a trailer. Maybe not armor, which is vastly overused, imho, but maybe a battle station of some sort.

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I liked DOTM trailer (all 5 seconds of it) where it's basicly a base for shit-ton of different kinds of weapons and gagets and junk that Prime can't carry on himself yet can come in handy in some battles.

I'd like to get that kinds of trailer in Prime.

8. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Making the trailer Optimus's ready in the field armory was pretty much the most badass thing they could've done with the trailer.

9. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

What suprised me is that the trailer didn't disappear when Prime transformed in the "Partners" episode.

10. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, 2nd appearance of a trailer. As others have pointed out, "Convoy" featured a trailer being used by Optimus.

Trailer in "Partners" was used to haul a hand-cuffed Starscream to the second half of the Harbinger wreck. While they did share the design, I dunno if they're the same trailer, because, well...

[​IMG]

Considering Starscream was inside it, that's a good thing. Besides, I like that the trailer isn't a part of Optimus. Beats trying to figure out where the trailer disappears to when he transforms.

11. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    given how the "convoy" trailer was able to compact itself in the tunnel my guess is that it to is Cybertronian tech, so to me the "convoy" & "Partners" trailers could be one in the same.

12. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

That, or Optimus just has a stock pile of trailers sitting back at base. :p 

13. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

Personally, I don't know why they don't just make the trailer just fold up and attach to his back in bot mode.

14. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    It would look really awkward over the rest of the kibble he has on there.

Also what's the point of it? He doesn't need it to maintain the disguise so it would just be weighing him down

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I agree. The Trailers are overrated.

As long as Prime is a Kickass Truck of some kind who cares about a trailer.