Just moved, and I think the movers lost one of the TF boxes :(

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hyperoptic, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    So, we moved into a new place over the weekend, and I just noticed that I'm missing one of my TF boxes! :(  I still need to double check, but I'm 95% sure that it was a box of Animated figures. Has anything like this ever happen to one of you guys?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT:
    The damn thing somehow got put in our storage closet by mistake.
    Found it after digging in there this morning. :) 
    Thanks to all who showed concern :thumb 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Somebody is gonna get hurt. Hey if you need some animated, LMK!

Edit; I'm sorry.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    No, because I'll NEVER let anyone other than me move my collection. Rest of the furniture, that's fine. But for 25 years, from one pocket's worth, to a shoebox, to probably a full garage stall's worth, that task falls only to me.

But in general, I'm the kind of cheap bastard that kinda likes moving myself. It's a good workout.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hasn't happened here, but i did lose some kitbashing supplies when i moved last year, hope they turn up

5. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I had to sign some dumb insurance release thing the last time we moved, because I wanted to pack and load all my crates of bots and dollies myself, and the movers told me they weren't going to be liable etc for it if I did. In hindsight, I could have probably made out better had they lost it and been responsible, as I don't have anything super rare or monetarily priceless, but have some figs that I'd be pretty upset otherwise if they came up missing. For some reason I just had more peace of mind knowing I packed/loaded it though (yet I was ok with them putting our 50 inch tv into a truck and moving it completely across country. What a maroon).

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Ouch at least it was just animated and not your super rare G1 stuff but still that sucks.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You know, it's probably just in the wrong room, kitchen or something.

8. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I'd be pretty angry. My transformers come with me when we move. No one touches my TF boxes. They go in my truck, front and back seats.

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    You've my sympathy there mate. :( 

Yeah, sh*ts like this happens whenever we get theose guys in.

The 2nd last time I shifted, I lost some G1 toys from my younger days (some old pieces that was about to give way but they're of sentimental values to me) along with all my original education certificates. :cry 

Thank God that I could still pick up some duplicated copies from my schools, college & institution etc. Still, it's been like a total he*lish experience for me since.

So the last time we shifted, I personally undertake the chore of moving my cartons myself. Don't want any of those guys toppling/crushing them.

What they said: Prevention is better than cure

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, having worked for a moving company for a summer, this happens quite a bit. At some point on a nice day, especially when there is BR1, BR2, BR3, BR4 boxes, some stuff ends up in the wrong place. Hell, depending on how the day is going, some bedroom stuff can end up in the garage. Should have quite a bit of time to file a claim if they are gone though.

11. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I dont hire people to move my stuff, I dont trust others moving stuff I care about. I've never lost a figure from moving, but I did loose several BW era figures thanks to my brother's brats when they destoryed them. That's probably the only way I could come close to what your feeling right now.

12. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    The damn thing somehow got put in our storage closet by mistake.
    Found it after digging in there this morning. :) 
    Thanks to all who showed concern :thumb 

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    My sympathy goes to you.

I am actually going to be moving in a near future. But I have already planned to always move the TF's ONLY myself. No one else will touch them. Even if I have to make several trips of slow drives.

14. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Glad you found it. Movers can have some "fun" with you at times, it is a boring job and easy to have a bad day, and depending how many rooms/boxes someone has, it is easy to say f-it at times when it gets late in the day and just put a box where ever is easiest, mark off the number and be done with it. Not like they will ever see you the home owner again, and if something is wrong, it is either the trucker or the moving company who has to deal with it and not the mover. Won't go into some of the other stuff I "learned" during my summer working for the moving company.

15. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:

This......is me straight up! I move my own stuff and also do my moving "latino" style...pickup trucks baby!! I'm latino so that's why I say it...

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    N/M lol I didn't read the thread completely.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Same here.Althou I did trust my daughter to help.

I have trained her very well.

18. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad you found them Seb!

I move anything I care about myself. The furniture and such can be moved by others.

Is the new place big enough to display the EPICNESS that is your collection?

19. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Glad you found it. I recently went thru this process and had movers move about 30% of my collection (we boxed it). None of the rare stuff but i was watching like a hawk to make sure everything went on and came off the truck.

20. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I've always packed and moved my transformers myself. Just too many pieces to lose, too much value, and too many fragile parts ( mp prime's smokestacks, the tailfins on the mp seekers, some of my customs).