Just moved and I have to deal with mold.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaggersRage, Aug 29, 2008.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I'm not complaining by the way. I moved back to my parents and I'm living in this trailer they have in the back yard (all to myself), I dont have to pay for rent, cable or electric as long as I'm going to school. Pretty good deal.

The trailer's old and has many years taxed onto it, but still in pretty good status for it's age, but this is Florida, and my parents place is almost like a mini forest so mold is around the place. I'm not very good at this sort of thing, but I'm going to have to do somthing about this. Ive got myself some bleach and rubber gloves, but how can I find mold or what am I suppose to be looking for?

This may sound pretty careless of me but I'm not good at this sort of stuff >.<

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude I'm totally curious. Can you post some pictures of your trailer (inside and outside?). I have no idea what it would be like to live in one. Sounds kind of neat.

3. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    I had similar problems, found mold in one of my walls earlier this year. i live in a condo so had to fight w/ the association to get them to fix it. i now keep a bottle of this around to fight it if it comes back. The guys who did the salvage work (had to rip out studs that were rotted) used it and recommended it. The natural has a weird smell so I'd suggest springing for the scented ones.

4. DaggersRage

Trailers arnt all that great to live in, especially for a family. Except if it's a double wide trailer, which is just a house that's raised. Anywho, if you want to see pics of it, sure, I'll try but it'll to be on the weekend.

5. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I used to go trailer camping every summer in New Hampshire, for one person's space not to bad. Best of luck.

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Where abouts? I've been camping in the White Mountains (Covered Bridge Campground on the Kancamagus Hwy) since I was 4. Every single summer.

8. DaggersRage

Haha, funny! Thanks KB!

Serously though, that's it? I mean, it'll just be splotches? For some reason I'm thinking it might be more than that.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    When in doubt, bleach EVERYTHING.

10. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    thank you.

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    That's my interpretation of this girl's va-jay-jay that I have a picture of.

12. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Bleach. With Hot soapy water. Just don't mix with windex or you'll have and cloud in your house. Oh and good joke kickback.

13. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    So how do you know you have mold? Can you smell it? Everywhere or just in certain rooms?

I have lived in a couple of trailers in the past. Common places for mold in them are:

1. Under vents that lead outside. Like in the bathroom. They have a tendency to leak. If they do, mold often forms up there in the insulation. If you got it there, no way to deal with it unless you replace the insulation.

2. The last trailer I lived in had a leaky pipe the led into the bathtub. The mold formed on the inside of the wall. There was a panel that you had to remove in the bedroom to get to the pipe(and the mold).

3. Water heater. Wherever it may be, check in there. Usually in trailers, it's hidden behind a panel in a closet.

4. Then the usual places. Under sinks and anywhere you can see a water stain on the ceiling.

Ofcourse, being an older trailer, yours may have other problems. Those are just the problems I've ran into in the past.

Thank god I bought a house!

Good luck man.