Customs: Just looking for some ideas for a repaint

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ssg4life, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So sometime in 08, I went on this buying binge just getting loose figures off eBay who I thought would make cool customs. One of those was Cybertron Armorhide. I had seen the little fella done as Ironhide and I was going to do that. But now with Classics Ironhide, I don't want to have a smaller Ironhide. Are there any other guys who'd work with the mold? I was considering RID Ironhide, but I have yet to use decals on any of my work and that would require me to use the bull head

2. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

well if you want to do a guy accurate to G1 I'll say Huffer, but he was done for Botcon awhile back, so if you wanna be different there's always Pipes his repaint/retool.

Huffer

Pipes

If a Gobot custom were to do it for ya there's always Road Ranger

Road Ranger

Of course if you're a fan of BW, then he could be a very good mold for a Cybertronian mode Optimus Minor.

Edit, went on a pic hunt, love me truck cab bots.

If you're into the big uping of Micromasters as Hasbro has been doing recently with their Classics Repaints, there are loads.

Roughstuff

Overload

Full-Barrel(this one might work one of two ways. Armorhide could be Fullbarrel, or if you were to add some wings he could be the transport and a minicon could be Full-Barrel)

I'm very fond of the Micro inspired repaints so far, I love the BW era and the serve as more characters for it at the right size, just in scale with BW. I'll want BW minicons next.

But it's all up to you and I hope it goes well.

3. ssg4life

News Credits:
    i already have botcon huffer, so i don't need to do him. and i think i had considered pipes before, but i forgot his name and thought it was gears who i wanted to do. any other suggestions would be appreciated. it'll be awhile before i start this guy, but i'd like to have an idea of what i'm gonna do with him first

4. ssg4life

News Credits:
    anyone else?

5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    As a fan of Gobots being introduced as Transfromers (Bug Bite & Fracture) I personally would like to see how it would turn out as Road Ranger. But, that is just my biased opinion.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    he's been done as huffer, pipes, optimus, armorhide w/trailer, motormaster.... honestly, nothing wrong with making it into your own character either.

7. ssg4life

News Credits:
    yeah, but with my own character then i actually have to put a lot more thought into it. nothing wrong with that, it's just that it frustrates me when actually doing it because then i have no set color layout to work off of

8. ssg4life

News Credits:
  9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    digibashing works great for that. I'll start off what color I'd love to see in a TF (whether an uncommon color, or just a color I like) and digibash that in on a photograph, then I'll work with highlight colors to compliment the main color. I never liked Staxx, way gaudy in my opinion! You can do that of course though. :)  You could also make a Motormaster, or a power convoy.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  10. ssg4life

News Credits:
    i thought about motormaster since i had already stared painting some parts black right before nemesis prime was announced, but i just can't get over the face differences. i have digibashed a few times, but i'm so gawd awful at it. i digibashed backstop into rhinox last night since i started working on one last week. it's disgusting, but it gave me the rough layout i needed

edit: i had also thought of doing magnus in a galvatron scheme for shattered glass, but i'll wait until the character's introduced into continuity first

11. REDLINE

News Credits:
    that's what a new head is for, man! *L* heads are extremely easy to swap out, don't let that hold you back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Since you do have the Botcon Huffer, I'd really stress that you make Pipes. I'm just big on the idea that G1 characters who shared molds coinciding with Classics/Universe characters sharing molds.

Don't know if I'll get to it anytime soon, but I've been bouncing around the idea of turning a pair of Classics 2-pack Dlx Primes into Huffer and Pipes.

13. REDLINE

News Credits:
  14. ssg4life

News Credits:
    who'd you get that head off, redline? i used to switch parts all the time way back when i did customs with the wrong kind of paint and then sharpies, but i haven't done much of that lately. and i've done even less on purpose (yes, i accidentally had to switch some parts out)

15. REDLINE

News Credits:
    this particular head I bought from Sculptbot, a fellow Radicon. He does heads. He still makes it, but he's kinda busy right now, so you might would have to wait awhile to get the head.

16. ssg4life

News Credits:
    if i were to ever do motormaster using the magnus mold, i'll keep that in mind. but i was driving home today from walmart and got to thinking about it, and i think if i was gonna made motormaster i'll use rid ultra magnus instead

17. REDLINE

News Credits:
    interesting concept changing him from a semi with box trailer into a car carrier.

18. ssg4life

News Credits:
    i'm sure someone somewhere has done it. i'd like to see it if they have

19. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Blot. Seriously. I've done it, and created a very simple mod to turn his gun into an axe. And, it gives the Cyber Key a use. :D 

20. ssg4life

News Credits:
    saw that earlier today. pretty cool. but now that i've seen you do it, i'd feel like a copycat if i did it so soon afterwards