Just how long will you stay?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ARTIMUS ONE, Dec 1, 2006.

1. ARTIMUS ONE

ARTIMUS ONE Investigations Dept.

Here is a question for all you TF fans out there, myself included. Just how long will you continue to be Transformers fan? How long will you continue to collect Transformers, make post on TF fanboy sites, watch the show and the whole 9 yards....how long will you continue to hang around this hobby?

Well for me, I have really been growing apart from it, I have not bought any toys all year long. About 4 years ago, I would have bought all my favorite characters from diffrent lines but it seems as if lately, I ask myself, do I really want this or need this.

Every since I have had my son, I just feel myself growing apart from hobby a bit. Don't get me wrong, I still like it but I am not that into it as much. At any rate I foresee alot of stuff coming up in the future so I can only see myself hanging around this hobby for probally another 3 years.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    well, i plan to collect for as long as there are tfs around and when i have kids it will probably take a back burner, but ill still pick some up now and then. and maybe my kids will even be into them, that way i can buy them for them, and transform them when they go to bed....and as long as there are good molds, ill stick around...even though i have bought some crappy molds in the last few years. its all just fun to me, but we'll see what happens in years to come...

and i plan on continueing to post here until im old and gray...i love this site...i cant imagine not posting here anymore....

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Well Im still in love with TF and I've been collecting strong for 10 years. I still haven't started with ebay shopping for G1 stuff so there is a lot to collect there. With the movie coming out I really do see the Golden age of Transformers arriving. Then a cartoon coming out in the fall and it is American based, finally!!!(The cartoon is just rumours i read here but they did mention voice casting so who knows). Either way, I see TF being around for another 4 years at least if they go on and make the trilogy. If things in my life pan out I dont see myself stopping so as things are...there still is no end in sight.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

4. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

as long as it's a joy... as long as I tear up when a character dies... and when he's brought back to life...

5. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I've been a strong collector for about 10 to 11 years now and over the years I have became more into it and more involved in it as the years go on and even more so since i've joined this community. I'll keep collecting until I have everything I want and I'll stay apart of the community for years well after that. So basically i'll be around for a long time yet.

6. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I'm pretty much done buying stuff so in that aspect, I'm pretty much out of it. I completed my 84-86 collection and that along with a couple of Classics and Alternators that's all I really care to have. I suppose I'm a G1 fanboy, but none of the other stuff (including the upcoming movie) really interests me. My priorities have changed a good deal in the past year as I no longer have a room committed to TF just my glass display case. As for this site, even though its getting near 5 or 6 years that I think I've been here, I mainly lurk around here and don't post all that much. I'll probably be gone when I just don't have the time to come here, or other priorities take precedence.

7. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

For as long as I can, just cause I get older doesn't mean I have to stop collecting things I like. Both my father and step father collect trains and toys and all kinds of stuff they liked when they were younger, and after them both retiring they have something to keep themselves busy. If people can still collect old military minitures like my step father and his friends do, well into their 60s+, I see no reason why I can't do the same with my favorite toy lines.

8. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    I'll always be a fan. If I'll always collect is another thing. Cause if Hasbro doesn't make any new product that appeals to me, (which has been the case the last 2 years with Classics being something I've really been able to get behind.) and vintage figures are more then can I pay...well then I have nothing to buy and nothing I can collect. That's really what happened with me and GI Joe, which I also use to collect. So I don't know if I'll always collect, but I'll always be a fan of the Transformers.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    untill they make all the figures I want

10. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

It really depends on how you define it for me.

If you mean actively collecting toys, I'm pretty burnt out on it and will probably be done other than the occasional item (by which I mean 1-2 a year) by this time next year.

If you mean how long I'll stick around the community of fans, probably longer. I've made a lot of good friends here and at Botcon and I really come here and go to the convention for that more than for the toys or the franchise already.

If you mean how long I'll consider myself a fan of the franchise, I don't forsee that ever ending. I've been a fan for 22 years. I didn't buy a single toy between 1989 and 2001, but I still considered myself a Transformers fan if it came up. At some distant point in the future I may not buy the toys or even own any, and I may not go to message boards or conventions anymore, but I'll still consider myself a fan of the franchise.

11. .WAL.

.WAL. Banned

I'll be interested just as long as there's something to keep me interested.

The last toy line I really bought anything from was RID. That was also the last show I watched as well. The stuff that followed was garbage.

Then we started getting Alternators. I started buying them. But then again, I wasn't into reppaints... and not all of the bot designs did much for me. But I'm always looking for one that I'll like.

The Classics line brought me back in. So far I have BB, SS and thge other day I got Rod. After the holidays, I might get OP... jetfire looks good too. But repaints from other lines? I don't think so.

Then there's the comics. Dreamwave hooked me. But DW went Enron. Then IDW picked it up... and I gave it a try... but it lost me. It's a boring, re-invention of the wheel. Each issue could be read in 10 minutes or under on the toilet and not much happened. In many ways, it's a lot like the old Marvel comic, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

So, as long as I find something I'll like, I'll get it. Here's hoping for the movie.

WAL

12. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i have been a fan for 20 plus years, even when i didnt actively collect toys and stuff, i have only been on the boards for a lil under a year, i have lost a collection, and started a new one..... i will always be a fan... i will continue to be one until some nurse has to wipe me up for me, and i cant remember what it was i loved....

13. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

As long as they keep making TFs I like I will keep collecting them.

I actually stopped collecting between the end RID and when Alternators came out.

14. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Once classics is over, and the movie line stops. Im going to take a break from collecting.

I will always be a fan.

15. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've really trailed off over the last few years.
    I got most of the entire crappy Armada line, and since sold all but Bendy Prime.
    I only bought the Energon toys that were G1 homages. (Downshift, Rodimus, etc.)
    I think I only bought 3 toys (all scout class) from Cybertron.
    I'm totally complete on the G1's I wanted.
    I'm totally off of Comics and other merchandise.
    I do like the Masterpiece and Alternator lines.
    I will keep up with those for their whole run.
    I'm sure I'll probably get the whole movie line.

16. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

My collecting has always gone in cycles(usually do to money issues), but I've always and will continue to be a fan. I was mainly into G1 but after I went to Botcon in '04 I've kind of broadened my interest, started getting into alts until they trailedoff in quality and appealing asthetic. The show, well G1 was the only one that really captured me, I bought the BW box sets and those were pretty good, although I dont have quite that connection to them I do to the original, and basically all the shows I've seen after that are crap, although I did buy both Armada boxed sets(even though the show stinks). But with MP Megatron, and most of the classics line, I've got items to look forward to collecting, and theres always the rare japanese stuff I try to pick up every now and then, but as long as there's a good, semi intelligent and not overly kiddy show I'll watch it, and as long as the toys are fun and not kibble heavy, I'll buy those, so hopefully I can go on for as long as possible.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm finding myself growing apart from collecting as well. I'm definitely collecting Classics as long as it's around, but I'm going to pass on the movie stuff...not because I don't like the designs or the toys...in fact I think the two toys we have seen are pretty cool and detailed and I'm not against change at all...I just need to save money and TFs are a huge expense for me...so it's probably a good thing I'm losing interest a bit.

18. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My interest does go in cycles a bit, I'm fairly into it at the moment, but then I'll go months and months without much interest at all. Being honest I'm trying to pick up a few G1's now before the prices possibly rise once the movie's out and there's an invasion of new people who think they can make money out of it.

19. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Ive been collecting on and off for years but I have never stopped with Transformers. Sometimes I dont have the funds but im still into it and dont see myself ever stopping or losing interest. I may slow down a bit, but will never stop and hope to pass them on to my children one day or take them to the grave. As long as TFW is still running, ill be around. Thx TFW for providing some of us with a home.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    After MP-05 Megatron, I am seriously considering ending active collecting. I'll be backfilling my G1 collection as reissues allow and good quality stuff I always wanted crosses my path, but I'll be skipping the movie figures and playing it by ear after that.

TFW2005, however, won't get rid of me that easily.