Just had an odd thought,,,

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Infosaur, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Could Waspinator (Beast Wars) have been decended from Junkions?

It's established that BW takes place some time after G1.

And Junkions seem to have the ability to operate when reduced to scrap.

hmmmm,,,

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Beast Wars characters were brand new sparks. Most Cybertronians of that era are generations separated from the G1 era, or so it seemed to me.

Plus Waspinator being reduced to scrap was just a gag that was done a little too much.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I don't mean any offence mate, but I think you need to read up a bit on your Beast Wars. :) 
    While it's true that some BW characters were 'new sparks', a lot of them were re-formatted from G1 bots. Granted, the ones we meet in BW wouldn't have been any major players from the G1 cartoon or comics, for example, but from what is known about the transition from G1 to BW is that there wasn't really much in between.

Basically, there came a time sometime in Cybertron's future where there was a shortage of Energon and so all Transformers downsized their bodies to conserve energy consumption. This is why when the Maximals and Predacons arrive on Earth they take on much smaller forms than those of the Autobots and Decepticons.
    We do know that Ravage survived from G1, as did Starscream (albeit without a body!). Also, it is hinted that Waspinator might be a reincarnation of Shrapnel from G1. I also read somewhere that BW Grimlock is essentially his G1 self as well.

Like I say, there isn't a great deal known about what happened at the very end of G1 and how BW came into being, but there is only about 300 years between the series.

4. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

I may be wrong but I think this is fact. I have read a few comics with it and it is specifically mentioned in the Beast Wars Sourcebook. The sourcebook may have contain many weird errors an omissions though... As a very avid fan of beast wars, basically everything I have read points to this.

[EDIT] - Also if you look into the 'Dawn of Futures Past' prequel to the BW story, the orginal Razorclaw, Divebomb, Buzzsaw and Lazerbeak all still exist in the Beast Wars timeline after G1 (a couple do die though)

5. Infosaur

I said decended from,,, not that he WAS one.

Some people get brown eyes from their grandparents, Waspinator apparently gets the ability to survive only as a head and drag himself across the floor by his teeth. LOL.

His cousin is a boombox, once removed, on the Bay side of the family. :wink: 

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    100% fact. It's confirmed on nothing less than Grimlock's own toy bio card:

"In another era when wars were waged between Autobots and Decepticons, Grimlock was a stalwart defender of the heroic Autobot cause. Today, disguised as a vicious velociraptor, Grimlock continues to battle against interstellar tyranny as he fights the evil Predacons." Etc., etc.

Oh, and I just remembered: Prowl's (the Transmetal owl, not the Magnaboss lion) toy bio card strongly hits that he's the original G1 Prowl, but with some sort of memory loss.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    My idea is that he's a re-incarnated Dirge. I mean Dirge in G1 dies in every continuity. Waspinator gets slagged all the time.

Although it wouldn't make sense considering BW 2 Dirge.

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You mean the same prowl that G1 Megatron and the Decepticons killed in Transformers: The Movie?

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh.

Uhh... well...

Didn't let that little factoid slip past, huh?

Well, okay. You be the judge. Compare and contrast:

G1 PROWL TOY BIO:
    Function: Military Strategist
    Motto: "Logic is the ultimate weapon."
    Prowl will keep at a task for as long as it takes. Strives to find reason and logic in everything. A listener, not a talker. Has most sophisticated logic center of all Autobots. Able to analyze and advise on complex combat situations almost instantaneously. Fires wire-guided incendiary missiles and high-corrosive acid pellets. The unexpected can often scramble his circuits.

BEAST WARS PROWL TOY BIO:
    Function: Military Strategist
    Motto: "Logic is the ultimate weapon."
    Prowl strives to find logic and reason in everything. A listener, not a talker. Has most sophisticated logic center of the Maximals. Able to analyze and advise on complex combat situations almost instantaneously. Fires highly corrosive acid pellets. Cybernetic eye and frontal lobe interact with wing-mounted ion orbs, supplying limited telekinetic power. Afflicted with ironic, dry sense of humor. Believes himself to have been a great military strategist in a former life.

So there you have it. I don't explain, I just report.

10. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey man where did you read that it was hinted waspinator may be shrapnel beforehand???

I see the confusion with some people with the Prowls in Beast wars with magnaboss. I'll chalk down Ironhide being his G1 self, yes he was shot and reported to be killed etc. but it seems some of those live on. Trying to rename my Lion-Prowl and eagle-silverbolt from magnaboss as the fuzor and owl are more closer resemblances and n show names.Anyone got ideas for replacement names?

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In one episode, I forget which, Waspinator gets smacked over the head and starts babbling about how he is "Shrapnel, Decepticon warrior". I think that is also the infamous "not wacko! Wonko! Wonko the sane!" conversation.

I personally took it for a random easter egg rather than a hard confirmation that is who he was, although I also took Megatron's "spawn of Unicron" comment about Tarantulas to be a slur like "son of a bitch", but it's been interpreted literally in canon. So it is possible that Waspinator's dizzied confession of being Shrapnel is actually genuine.

As for Prowl - wrong Prowl. The IDW profile books identify Magnaboss Prowl as the same Generation 1 character, and paint the Transmetal II as a guy who just thinks he is Prowl. Although you might choose to excise them from continuity and go purely by the TV shows, in which case none of it is ever brought up since neither is ever seen.

12. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An interesting theory, one I hadn't thought of. Though personally, I liked the theory suggested in the Wild Mass Guessing page on Tvtropes:

Starscream has an immortal spark, which the Maximals tried to replicate in Protofrom X/Rampage. It is also mentioned that Starscreams spark is a "genetic" mutation, meaning it could happen at random. It's possible Waspinator also possesses a mutant immortal spark, like the Seeker before him.

There's also a little bit in that theory about some sanity issues related to immortality, but that's not relevant here.

Overall, I think that both theories combined could be applied to Waspinator: A descendant of the easily-repaired Junkions with a mutant, immortal spark.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Theres a possibility that Starscreams ghost was travelling trew time.

14. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see,so my Prowl stays Prowl and I can rename my owl version,cool beans, may call him skyfire now.

So what will I rename my eagle-silverbolt lol, any suggestions?

That is a pretty good explanation as to who waspinator is and it would explain who he is and being a past insect bot makes sense alright but dirge too was near unkillable lol

Tarrantulas is certainly an interesting one imo, if flatline is a g1 inducted character i'd feel tarrantulas is him . The spawn of unicron does sound a slur imo but sideways was too part of unicron in a continuity and tarrantulas was pretty hard to kill. Most BW characters can be equivalent to some G1 counterparts imo, they are characters of their own but have influences of g1 characters too.

15. Infosaur

As far as the "tale of two BW Prowls" goes,,, here's my fan-stab at it.

In the triage following the attack on Autobot City, a gravely wounded (G1) Prowl is put into stasis. At some point he's cloned. One Prowl fully recovers, the clone also think's he's Prowl. Or maybe he loses the memory that he's actually a clone durring the re-formating to Maximal, the Trans-metal wave.

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Nice, but theres still one issue.

There are 2 different bots that call themselves Prowl, in the Beast era.

17. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I like to think Waspinator was Robotmasters Wingstun in the G1 era.

They both share a mold of similar colour.

They've both worked for BW Megatron.

I hear Wingstun, I think 'Beesting', I think bees and wasps. Plus I doubt he was called Waspinator pre-Beast. Just a thought.

On the Junkion thing, as well as being highly resiliant, he does speak oddly like a lot of Junkions.