Just had a thought concerning why the gap between the mini-series and the rest.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    It hit me, we clearly have had the mini-series done, and been on TV, blah blah blah. But why the gapping wait for the rest of the show? This, of course, can't be proven quite yet, but I'm thinking it's to re-vamp the Prime "universe" of sorts.

Since Hasbro really, REALLY wants Prime and WFC to be part of this same new continuity, and Kurtman & Orci already wrote the production bible for it, separate of WFC - maybe Hasbro forced the Prime team to rewrite certain parts of the bible to line up with WFC. I don't figure it's a reason we haven't seen Breakdown yet, but I think maybe he'll be rewritten to be able to line up with his paranoid WFC self (since we've already seen he was supposed to be a brute). Maybe they'll use the idea that he's bulked since then or something.

Likewise, WFC2 will probably be forced to take the Prime series in mind.

They may've had some episode ideas for episodes 6+, but they would've been TOO drastic a divergence from the game, where maybe the first five only had a few 'inconsistencies' that could(/was?) easily (be) rectified/ignored.

TL;DR: Because the first five were already finished, Hasbro showhorned WFC into the Prime continuity, everything else had to be changed (maybe drastically).

2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In before bellpeppers.

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to say "no". And also "it's really not uncommon for a pilot episode or mini to air a month or two in advance of the rest of a series". "Young Justice" has just done exactly the same thing, on exactly the same weekend as Prime premiered. There doesn't have to be some conspiracy behind it.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

What Chris McFeely said.

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yeah, you were fast.

Hard to say what rabbit they'll try to pull out of their hat... hopefully it'll be clever enough to not come off as some forced retcon.

Maybe PRIME will wake up and realize it was all a dream or something?

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    More than likely the HUB just needed some new series "lead ins" to bring attention and excitement to the new broadcasting channel....gave us and them something new to talk about instead of just the older series and reruns.

7. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    *was confused*

Makes sense, though "conspiracy" is a little extreme.

*ooh makes sense*

8. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I still don't understand why the word "retcon" is such a dirty word around here. It's not about changing the past, but re-interpreting it. I don't see what's so wrong about that. I think it adds depth to material...

9. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Because altho you may get that square peg to fit into that round hole, it will never fit quit right.

Because I have been rather bold about illustrating how neither really fit, despite Hasbro's claims.

We won't rule out some sort of continuity family relationship, tho.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't they say back in June for Botcon that CGI models werent even 100% done? My guess is that they made separate premieres just to give people a little taste on the new channel while they still ran to finish the season itself.

11. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Blast it, I should have been paying more attention!!

In before Wollstone arguing with Bellpeppers!:lol 

On Topic: would make sense, either that or they rushed out the first 5 since they had no hope of getting the series done anytime close to the release of the network like folks were expecting earlier in the.. last year.

12. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I doubt that they will want to go to the expense of re-writing, and re-recording the episodes.

At some point they *might* merge, and there will always be gaps. I won't hold my breath tho.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

There really are no discrepancies between the two other than the style. Certainly not to the extent to warrant the fan reaction it's gotten.

It's like reading the first book in a series, then skipping a few installments, and then yelling at the author for the lack of continuity.

14. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Prime does show any flashbacks of Cybertron will we see any WFC models?

15. KnightHawkke

they already did show flashbacks of cybertron indirectly in the army of the dead, so your answer is no.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think a reasonable explanation is they did the mini-series to have as much as they could for the launch.

Then to pad out having new things they might have decided to show new episodes of GI Joe Renegade then switch over to new episodes of Transformers Prime later. The Hub gets the new stuff spread out and the Transformers Prime team gets more time to polish the episodes.

17. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    No no, I was confused because I was thinking of the fruits, bell peppers. Then when you posted I went "ooh" hence my response to your first post.

18. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

But not all pegs are square.

Star Wars episode 1: The force comes from little microscopic creatures. Square peg.

Star Trek Enterprise Season 4: Vulcans had a revolution not too long before TOS, Klingon's tampered with Human clone DNA, Mirror universe began with first contact.
    Smooth round pegs.

19. KnightHawkke

The key problem with the current stated question and the minichlorines as well as the way the vulcans were handled in enterprise... it was not necessary!.... But alas that's another story.

20. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    That would be as annoying as JK Rowling putting 'And Harry Potter woke up from him dream' at the end of the serious :lol