Just got back from A-kon

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GigatronSama, Jun 12, 2006.

1. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

So today I return from A-kon. I have ton of plushies, models, manga,art, swag, photos and other such things. I'll be uploading pics tommorrow hopefully.

2. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

You're in texas? or you flew to it? ahhh A-kon how I will miss you. (moving to NC)

I went to Akon the year before last (last year it was botcon), and it just wasn't the same. Did see some sweet cosplay though, like that girl as starscream. Pretty crazy

3. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Lucky you, GS.

As for me, I went to Otakuthon, a local convention at a university on Saturday with a friend (registration was free). Didn't buy much (bought 1 DVD, CD and a plushy keychain).

I did see some interesting cosplay (some people dressed up as Naruto and Bleach characters) and some just freaky (a regular, slim guy in a Sailor Moon costume). Kinda sucked that I didn't bring a digital camera. (my bro's friend, unfortunately, he got the wrong charger) :redface2:  Funny stuff.

4. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Was she good looking/cute?:useless 

5. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

ah, well I didn't post a pic because I know she's been brought up before and they've linked to the pic in past threads, about the time when the last Akons came and went. Akon has a pic of her in their archives from years past. I will post it if I can find it in my own photo collection....

And yes, she was actually cute

6. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I met her without the costume. She was working at a local Toys 'R' US.

I don't go to A-Kon anymore. It started to seem like it was less fun every year since it got bought out by Phoenix Entertainment or whatever the company's name is.

7. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Lucky.

I was thinking about going Saturday, but then again, gas prices suck.

8. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

I drove actually. All the way from Mississippi. Dallas is such a better city than this shithole Hattiesburg. Even after the con was over I didn't want to leave.

$6 for a pint of guiness though forced me back here where I can get a six pack for that.

I'm uploading pics here

http://fragart.stalo.com/akon

I'm just doing a directory since the pics are huge and there's plenty of them.

Keep checking back. I'm still uploading now.