just got Alt Skids, have some questions...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JetBrawn, Feb 6, 2006.

1. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

sorry if these have been mentioned before, but I finally found Skids!

1) I wonder why the rear seats were divided unequally (~1/3 on the right leg and 2/3 on the left). Any thoughts on this? Is it related to the real Scion car seats?

2) I had heard the door joints were tight. The driver side door on mine was literally impossible to open. After pushing from the inside and prodding/pulling, the door budged. It's finally open, but due to the moderate amount of force required, the blue plastic piece and the clear window piece are wobbly now. There's enough "give" between these two pieces that form the door that the blue piece can easily jiggle about a millimeter away from the clear window piece. It just feels cheap now.
    Has this happened with anyone else's?

btw, I found the thread on the proper upper body transformation helpful - thanks for that detail!

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

1: Real car is like that.

2: Never heard of this problem, maybe return it for another one.

IMO Skids has the best robot mode of any alt yet, and the detail is amazing. He looks more like a model than a toy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

cool about the seats

as for the door issue, anyone elses? I'm reluctant to return it as everything else with this particular Skids I picked up was perfectly done, compared with others I'd seen.

It is possible the door was like that before I even opened it - with a loosely placed steel pin, so the connection of the 2 pieces is wobbly.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no clue about the doors, but mine's certainly not wobbly. And the danged suckers are tight. I find that you have more success if you pull them open along with the running boards, and then close the running boards back up again afterwards. Getting them to separate from the doors is a bitch.

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah those seats are like standard 40/60 seats on cars...

And my doors were hard to open as well, but I opened them as delicately as I could...

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

My doors were pretty hard to open at first. Had a uncomfortable BT Prowl flashack in the process. Used a fingernail on the bottom door part so nothing would pop off.
    All good now.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just be annoyingly accurate, I believe it's a 60-40 split. :p 

And just to note, BTA Broadblast came properly transformed with regards to the upper body thing. Just got mine last Friday and I took note of that when I opened him.

8. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

I do the same with the BT version.