Just got a Wii need some games?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Soundatron, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Yeah Wii sports is fun and all and good for everyone but I need much more. I got Metal Slug Anthology since I liked the series and am a big SNK fan, decent multi-player game. While I bought Spider-Man 3 saturday and am already close to beating the game so yeah that was a short life for that game lol. Gonna get TF, Red Steele possibly and def. Zelda. I just want more multi-player games but cant seem to find any that intrest me. Mario Party 8 any good? Or can anyone redirect and change my opinion on some games. Cause it's mainly my g/f and I that get any useage outta it, my friends have yet to they're always busy. What about UMA? I was thinking that though my friend told me you have to do nearly all the movements and all but hey, I'm already use to that with SM3 and the difficulty of throwing grenades in MSA.

2. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Super Paper Mario

Oh, and download Paper Mario 1 (when it's released in a week or so) and TJ and Earl 2 from the Virtual Console. Hehe, my 2 favorite games.

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Red Steel isnt bad. It's a very gangster game, the shooting is better than the sword play. People complain about the gun control but I found it to be easy, maybe they find it confusing....

Basicly when you put your aim cursor to left or right of the screen you start turning in those directions, same for looking up and down. You press down on the A button do sort of "lock on" to an enemy. I dont want to say this is an auto lock, you have to put your crosshair on the enemy, hit A, and you're shots at that particular enemy is a bit easier than normal. It also allows you to circle strafe around the fella by hitting left and right on the analogue stick. Think of it like Metroid Prime.

I hope that provides some insight on Red Steel. I liked the game because it's actually a "cover to cover" style of shooter. If you stand out in the open just shooting... SURPRISE! you're going to get shot. I've had many run and gun moments though that made me feel like an action star though. :D 

4. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

what exactly is Super Paper Mario?

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The best game on the Wii yet.

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Rayman: Raving Rabbids is good...but its just mini-games.

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition i heard was good (i have the GC version and that was a fav game...will pick this one up too)...

Super Paper Mario as everyone else mentioned...

UMA, UMA??? sorry, cant figure out what is that for the life of me right now..

7. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    hehe I got a wii play and scored a sweet extra wii remote bonus all for 50 dollas I like sonic and the secret rings but a really awsome game I rented is priates of the carabeian at wourlds end in that game the wii remote is ur sword. Its awsome

8. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wii Play (because you get an extra remote and a game for 10 bucks)
    Resident Evil 4 Wiilease (Even if you got it before, it's got all the extra content and an awesome control scheme)
    Super Paper Mario
    Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
    Metal Slug Anthology (You get like 6 games for 40 bucks! How is that not awesome!)
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion (It's been a sleeper hit for Wii and no one talks about it)
    Pokemon Battle Revolution (Since it's the first truly online Wii North American game)
    Red Steel (Don't pay 50 dollars for this, but for 25-30 it would be worth it)
    Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Great party game)
    Mario Party 8 (Not the greatest but it's good for parties)
    Sonic and the Secret Rings (It starts out rough but get's good as it goes along)
    Dragonball Z: Boudakai Tenkaichi 2 (Great game, more so if you like the anime; since you actually get to do the signature poses)
    Cooking Mama (Yes, it's a mini-game fest, but it's a good mini-game fest)
    Rayman: Raving Rabids (Yes it's another mini-game fest but I think it's the best of the mini-game fests)
    Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (It's an edutainment game, and I don't know if it's worth 50...however, I love the DS version)

9. Greenshadow0

The third game in the Paper Mario series. The first was the best, in my opinion, and I think nostalgia has a big effect on that. :rolleyes2 

It's different because it's 2D and 3D, and is sidescrolling rather than the previous Paper Mario games.

It's filled with humor and win, for the most part. My only rant is that there are hardly any original Mario characters in it. (ie. toads, koopas.)

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's not forget that it has the best plot in any Mario game to date.

11. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I think you just reccomended 75% of the Wiis catalog.

Anyways, looking for multiplayer, i'd say rent Raving Rabbids. It's not very long, so I wouldn't suggest buying it, unless you can find it cheap. But I had a blast playing it, and was laughing the whole time.

12. Greenshadow0

[​IMG]

13. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Paper Mario is really cool....I'm currently playing that now

Excite Truck is pretty sweet too, as is Marvel Ultimate Alliance

And pretty much all the others that have been mentioned are cool.

I didnt like:
    Disney Cars
    Need for Speed Carbon
    Monster 4x4 World Circuit

14. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Zelda, Super Paper Mario, and Resident Evil 4 should keep you busy for some time.

Skip Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It's just Gauntlet with super heroes. And Gauntlet is much better at actually being Gauntlet.

For multi player you have wii sports of course, there's also Wii play, Excite Truck, MK: Armageddon, and Sonic and the secret rings has a party mode much like Mario Party.

15. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

if you need an extra controller....buy Wii Play....

16. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I really don't know his tastes, so why not give him a wide pool to choose from? There is also a few other good games that I didn't mention such as:
    Super Swing Golf Pangya
    Mortal Kombat Armaggedon
    Excite Truck

The Wii just has a ton of games for it, if you think that's 75 percent of the catalog you haven't looked lately. It seems like third parties are cramming out more titles each week. There are also lots of ports, which I don't know the reputation of such as:
    Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

17. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    For my $.02, Super Paper Mario (but it's only one player), Wii Play (an expansion of Wii Sports, kinda, good multiplayer), Zelda, and Rayman are the must haves. Mario Party 8 is okay, but I like the earlier versions better. Big Brain Wii Degree is a lot of fun, and it's multiplayer also, but you really need to like minigames. Enjoy!

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The Legend of Zelda currently owns me and I agree with teh Onesock that Super Paper Mario is the best Wii game to date.

I love the quirky humor like when they tell Mario how to do a move and refer directly to the controller and say "What is this 'A' button I speak of? You don't need to worry about that." :) 

19. Greenshadow0

Breaking the fourth wall, iirc. FTW! :thumb 

20. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "What's this A-button you speak of?"
    "You need not worry. Other beings in another dimension will understand."