Just got a videogame chair

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Joe Moore, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My wife just bought me a videogame chair. The beach chair I was using is in poor shape and she wanted to get me something cool. So she got me a Video Rocker. The chair has built in speakers, which is a lot nicer than I expected. Also, it allows me to hook up headphones from the chair, instead of the consoles.

This is the one Here.

[​IMG]

Anyone else like these things?

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Oooh how much?

And can you do a full review, this is intriguing me, my Bean Bag gives me sticky back in hot weather, looking to ditch that thing ASAP.

3. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    Cool :)  I have a "Petter Solberg edition" racing seat from Playseats that I use for driving games. I also use it for playing PC games on the projector, since it is a practical height for placing the mouse on a chair beside it.

[​IMG]

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I'm intrigued by the option of plugging headphones into the chair itself. That's nice. Be sure to let us know how you like it.

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Sweet, Joe! Your wifely rocks :D 

That driving chair is sweet, but I think I like Joe's better. less kibble lol

*sends thread to the GF*

6. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I so want one of these. I'm jealous of you, Joe. :D 

7. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I hope everyone in this thread has had sex, if not. theres a movie you should all see.

I also have a video game chair.

8. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ok, here's a small review. BTW, the chair cost $69.99 at Target.

The chair is made of a very nice fake leather. Has 2 wood panels on the underside to allow for rocking back and forth. There is a nice 2 or so inches of padding on the chair. On the underside, there is a built in pouch that holds the power cable, and the audio adpaters. The chair itself is quite comfy, though a little stiff. I spent a good 4 hours in it last night playing games (played Lego Star Wars from begining to end), and didn't cramp up.

When I first bought it, I was expecting to have to buy adapters for the audio plugs from my systems. Not so. The chair actually comes with apaters for standard RGB cables. There are 2 different adapters. One with an extension cable and one without. It also comes with a set of ear buds. The quality of the ear buds is average, but serviceable. I personally own a much nicer set of headphones, so that wasn't a problem.

Located on the side panel is a power switch, an audio input, and audio output, a volume control and a bass level control. Speakers reside on both sides of the chair, located behind the head rest. The sound quality is excellent. Much, much nicer than I expected. It mimmicks surround sound quite nicely. I cranked it up while playing Halo 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 today and there was no cracking of the sound and no noticeable static.

Overall I am very happy with the chair. The great sound quality mixes with a comfortable chair to make it a worthy purchase. The inclusion of the audio adapters and ear buds are a nice added bonus. Definately recommended.

9. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That is awesome! Burnout would rule in that.

10. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Looks cool man, I personally have my setup next to my computer so I just use my computer chair (A REALLY Nice one I got at Costco) and I would not sacrafice my 5.1 for anything, I have considered getting the plain one without the audio though.

11. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Ahhh...Creative X-fi audio combined with Grado Labs top of the line headphones = heaven.

Unless you've got a Klipsch setup that is.

(My office is next to the nursery and across from my 2 year old's room. But even still...)

12. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    In addition to the 5.1 Computer setup is my tv's 5.1 setup with my Xbox hooked in via optical

13. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I've had a chair shaped like that as my gaming chair for about a decade. it doesn't have the sound system, though. I think it was about $30 at sams club. comfiest damn way to play games I've ever come across. it helps to be able to put your feet on the tv stand or something, and to have a solid object to brace the back against once you get in the right position.

14. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    Yeah that's the one I was thinking of, as I don't need the sound system

15. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've been wanting one of those forever. A pillow on the coffee table just isn't cutting it. :) 

16. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Um, what does a video game shair have to do with sex? Talk about a random comment.

17. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I had two of those, but the back broke on both. The chair was made mostly of styrofoam with what looked like small stripps of plywood along the edges. I think they were cheaper than the one mention by at least ten dollars, so that may be why they broke.

Anyway, they were comfortable while they lasted.

18. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Nor is a big couch that can hold three people, a coffee table that can hold a Gamecube with a controller and a Wavebird Wireless controller, a stereo system without a remote, a TV that I'm surprised is still running perfectly since the very early 90's, and a VCR that like the TV is still running perfectly.

I pretty much just blurted out my entertainment center...:p 

19. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Are you kidding?

Let's put it this way. If I bought one of these, using it for video games would be its secondary purpose.

20. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    Meh, I don't know about Burnout, a hand controller is really the best for that. But it does make a difference for simulators. It was quite expensive, though, about $350. But it is basically a real racing seat just like you would use in a racing car.

Petter Solberg and his brother (yes, the driver for Smokescreen #1 and #7), actually use this seat and the game "WRC" on playstation to practice his rally driving in the off season. Henning Solberg, his brother (Norwegian rally champion) actually has this promotion thing going on with the producers of the seat and the WRC games that he will face anyone anyone any time at the game and that he has never lost a ps2 race. So I guess the game must be pretty realistic :)