Just got a new figure and it broke

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Apoclatron5675, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Today for my Birthday I received a WFC Soundwave MISB.ONce I opened it and after transforming it once,one of the panels on the legs with his wheels broke and its impossible to fix.So my questions are has anyone else had a problem with this figure and has anyone else got a brand new figure and then it breaks due to bad QC.

2. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I got WFC Soundwave last Christmas - never had any problems with him.

My DotM Megatron's hood ornament broke off the first time I transformed him. Other than that, I haven't had any quality control issues.

3. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine was fine, but I've had a couple of issues with other figures lately. Luckily, Soundwave is still available at retail several places. Even without a receipt, I think most stores will let you exchange for a new one.

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Happy birthday homie.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

No,mine has been fine

6. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    When I was a kid, I got Metroplex for my birthday and broke one of Scamper's arms in his roof the first day.

7. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    Mine is fine.

8. Apoclatron5675

News Credits:
    Thanks man also about 30 mins ago I broke off Sentinels prime's shield's left mech tech peg after attemoting that stupid stealth force mode thing honestly putting a centimeter thick peg on a piece of plastic that's thin as hell and you pull the opposite direction than the large piece behind it,thats just bad design

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Wait... How did you break that? The pieces don't even require much force to move unless you were trying to move it in the wrong direction and snapped it off that way I don't see how that can break off.

10. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    It sounds like you're just not careful.

11. Apoclatron5675

News Credits:
    oh i was very carefull pulling it out as little at a time so it didnt but then I heard a snap and was like "oh shiiiii..."
    when it fell off the plastic was stressed on the screw mark and where the screw had been on one of the sides looked melted almost

12. SaberPrime

Well if that's the case and if you still have the receipt I'd say to take it back to the store where you got it from and exchange it for another Soundwave. This is not a common occurrence with the figure and you shouldn't have the same issue again. Also Soundwave, in my opinion, is the best of the 4 WFC figures (Not counting Cliffjumper because he's just a Bumblebee repaint with a new head.) and even if you can't get a free replacement it's totally worth it to fork out the cash again to get a new one.

Another option would be to glue it back on in the position it needs to be in for vehicle mode and then just don't move them for the transformation. It doesn't really add or take anything away from the look of the robot mode if you don't rotate them. Some times I forgot to even do that step anyway because it looks fine without it but you should really get a new one if you want it to be functional.

13. Apoclatron5675

News Credits:
    actually it was the last one but luckily I can take it back get the money than have a toy hunt all around town (other than TRU I know hes not there or would got him a long time ago) and i had got him so I could get his minions off shapeways along with the hidden Boombox mode

14. SaberPrime

Minions off what now? I know about the Boombox mode but what minions? That's probably the one draw back of this figure is that he doesn't come with any. His chest cavity is just used to store his weapons.

15. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

I can't recall any QC issues with the Classics line other than Classics Grimlock being a misassembled piece of crap. DOTM toys are a different story; I don't think I've bought a single one that hasn't had a major issue.

16. Apoclatron5675

News Credits:
    The ones some members here made and put up on Shapeways

oh I remember grimlock, now he just sits on the shelf not wanting to hold together:lol 

17. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    One set of Crankcase's dreads broke off today, I was a very very sad panda. I even took off the face and fiddled with it in an attempt to loosen them so I can rotate 'em, but I guess that didn't last long. Gonna have to buy another, one for collection, one for play/comic.

18. Apoclatron5675

News Credits:
    I had started to mess with it but i saw how thin one was on there and walike "bullcrap, I'll stop now before I break it and have to take another month to find one with his birds"