Just got 25th Anniv Prime and have question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pikatron, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I just finished unpacking and setting up 25th Anniversary Prime. OMG the stickers were a pain to put on! The instructions also required a couple of the stickers to be applied over non-smooth surfaces too! How are they expected to last long on those areas? I never had any G1 TFs when I was young so I don't know any better, but did many of them come with separate decals that had to be applied to the figure itself?

Oh and another thing. How is Prime supposed to hold his gun normally? There's a peg, but the little handle on the gun prevents it from sliding into Prime's arms without having to turn it at some odd angle.

2. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's how the G1 Prime mold has always been.

3. Pikatron

How could they keep such a major oversight for so long? They shorten his smokestacks, but they don't bother extending the length of the peg even just a teensy bit? =(

4. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    All the G1 Bots and Cons came with sticker sheets you needed to apply. As far as Prime holding his gun, thats just the mold. If you are careful you can get him to hold it straight, but it doesn't go in to far and will fall out if bumped hard.

5. Pikatron

Anyhow, the gun thing was just a minor inconvenience. I remedied it just now by rolling a small piece of paper over the peg to extend its length. It fits into Prime's hand perfectly now. I'm worried about the hinges that transforms his legs and locks them into place. It looks like over time the teeth will grind against each other and become dull preventing his legs from staying in to place.

6. Absurdicus

Absurdicus Ridiculous G2 Combiner

Just decloaking for a second to say its hilarious to hear someone forecasting problems we've had with this toy for 20 years. ;) 

7. Pikatron

I'm sorry. I'm a G1 newbie. :) 

8. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    That is why on every prime i have owned i take a exacto knife and lop that damned handle off....makes no more funny angles required for prime to bust a cap in a decepticon's ass....