Just found out my next door neighbor died.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weirdwolf, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Not in his apartment, mind you, but my wife and I found out from a guy at church that works for our landlord that our next door neighbor died about a week ago in the hospital for reasons unknown to us.

We thought something was kind of strange when the guy moved in about a year and a half ago. He was nice and all, but every time he spoke, his speech was slurred and he couldn't park in a single parking spot worth a darn. Always half in one space and half in another. Never saw him head out for work or come home from work, just go out and get his mail or get groceries. Didn't cause problems, either, other than taking up two parking spots in the lot.

Then, up around the first week of November, he disappeared. We figured he went back to Florida to spend some time with family in the Ft. Lauderdale area (where he moved from last year).

Fast forward to last week. Our mail carrier--who knows me and my wife pretty well now with all the TF purchases I've done -- stopped by to drop off a package and inquired as to whether we've seen him or not. He hadn't picked up his mail in weeks, and some of it was signature required. We told him we still hadn't seen him at that point either. Then we found out what we did today.

I mean, he was our next door neighbor and all, but we still didn't know him all that well. Just general chit-chat stuff. Sad to hear, but kinda freaky at the same time.

2. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    May your neighbor rest in peace:( 

3. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

It's odd when things like that happen to people you know. I once found out that one of our landlords passed away not long after we knew her. She really meant nothing to me, and was actually more of a thorn in my side than anything. Once I heard the news, even though I wasn't emotionally affected at all, part of me still stepped back and thought "wow ... someone I actually KNEW is now dead."

Weird.