Just finishing watching Beast Machines...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Trek, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yesterday I finished off the Final DVD of Beast Machines and my first reactions was, "Wow, that was disappointing."

I'd heard lots of negative things about BM over the past nine years and had fully expected it to not live up to it's predecessor, Beast Wars, but I hadn't expected it to leave me with a hollow feeling at the end.

Did anyone else come away from the series feeling this?

2. Snow Cat

Snow Cat Well-Known Member

Not really, I've always quite liked the ending, but you can tell that they were leaving it slightly open for whatever they hoped would be coming next. It's only because that never materialised, that it seems anticlimactic. (imho)

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'll just pipe up for a minute to say that I really liked the ending of Beast Machines. I thought it was really wild that Cybertron, a planet that we've always associated with being cold, mechanical and robotic, had suddenly "evolved" (or at least been Genesis-ified) into a technorganic world. I thought that was a really wild way to end a Transformers series.

4. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

makes you wonder if earth started off as a "cybertron"

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

You might want to look at Shane Anderson's Obsidian's Lament. Pretty good stuff, and that's coming from someone who isn't a fan of the Beast era stuff.

6. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

The ending is only kinda' lame because of the crappy last minute animation of all of the other Transformers coming back, that and the tiled grass EVERYWHERE!! no rocks, or mountains, just grass EVERYWHERE!! and ONE TREE!, but overall I love the series it's amazing.

7. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

If you think about it…you have to appreciate the time frame and how awesome 3D animation really was. I didn’t really like the beast wars era. Maximals maximize and Predicons terrorize were awful transformation crys imho.

8. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly. When I watched it I thought to myself, "OK... that was... different, but cool in its own way." The ride up to the end was truly fantastic, which made the less-than-desirable ending quite a bit more bearable IMO.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    QFT. I liked the ending compared to the show, but I always try to look at it as a stand-alone series. It's much more enjoyable that way.

It kinda wish the the end scene with the Cybertronians chearing and running towards the Maximals was better animated. Guess they blew most of the budget on the BOMB-TASTIC FINAL FIGHT SCENE!

10. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

Love the show and I'm also a huge Beast era fan anyway. I understand how it's not for some but personally I thought it as fantastic series and I was a great ending to the whole Beast saga, I too agree that the animation could of been better at the end there, but that Primal and Megs fight was great.

11. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    The ending was ok, still don't like the fact that they killed off Primal. And when did Cybertron ever become a Techno organic planet in the first place?

Overall, a decent ending, but not as good as the prequel.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The end fight was seriously the most epic fight ever. It also served to show some insight to Primal and how he opperates. Megatron was unstoppable in that body, just goes to show how being the good guy kept Primal from going all-out.

yeah. I liked Primal. Even though he had different ideals and more wisdom, he was still fearless leader.

I liked his first Beast Wars body the most, though.:confused2 

It was only Techno-Oraganic at the end of BM. At first it was like Earth, but that wasn't right. And then it was mostly metal (G1 Season 3 showed taht it still had rocky underlayers like earth) but taht wasn't right.

Nothing will ever top BW.

13. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I enjoyed the ending. The final battle is definatly one of the best in TF history.

14. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I still say Cybertron's Optimus Prime vs. Galvatron fight was the best in TF history.

15. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The final battle of BM was definitely well-done, to the point where I feel it actually overshadowed the rest of the episode, hehe.

I kinda had a hollow feeling too, if only because the Beast cast was one I felt attached to. I was hoping to see a bit more aftermath and closure.

16. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is one of those issues that is neve rgoing to be settled, and it really shouldn't be. Some people loved it, some people despised it, but in the end, we should all be happy that the series got made, because even if you didn't like it, a lot of fans did, so overall, there are series for everyone. That being said, I was disappointed, but I can see why a lot of people liked it.

17. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

i agree.

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me, the final showdown between Primal and Megatron dethrones everything before and since as far as one on one duels go. It's even better than the big epic fight in the live action movie IMO.

19. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

I liked BM! Loved that they were willing to toss in some spiritual things into the storylines, loved the character development (come on, no one loved Rattraps struggles, Cheetor trying to grow into a adult, the twist with Silverbolt, etc?)

I dig it :) 

20. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I can think of a bunch of battle scenes, including final battles that were miles better than the live action movie one. IMO.