Just finished watching Beast Machines for the first time...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Necrophon, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ...and it was great! A much darker series than Beast Wars in my opinion. A few notes and questions.

1. Tankor was Rhinox?!! I was shocked at his turn for the worst! But he made a good supporting villian.

2. Blackarachnia was completely a maximal this time I guess? There was no mention of Predicon programming in this series so am I to assume that with her new body the old Predicon conditioning was done away with?

3. Once again the writers made good use of existing TF lore from G1, the original Hate Plague, Vector Sigma and it's Key and the Plasma Energy chamber!

4. The ending threw me off a bit, Primal tells Megs to get ready to be reformatted but then in the final scene it's assumed that he and Megs are dead?

5. I guess I can see how some may not like the series as much since people in general are resistant to change sometimes, but I really liked it.

6. Beast Wars/Machines Megatron has got to be the most diabolical of all continuities!

As I stated in my last thread, I was a staunch "Geewunner" for years before I decided to give the Beast series a try. I'm glad I did because I didn't know what I was missing! Too bad I waited so long to give in, now the toys are more expensive and I want to start putting together a Beast Wars/Machines collection.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Actually, she got rid of her Predacon programming in Beast Wars when she got her TM2 body.

3. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    Beast Machines was great. The perfect ending to G1 IMO.
    The BW and BM era toys suck, though. I still have to get rid of all them to make room for more CHUG and movie toys.

4. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    Beast Machines was great. The perfect ending to G1 IMO.
    The BW and BM era toys suck, though. I still have to get rid of all them to make room for more CHUG and movie toys.

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Nice to see you liked it. I enjoyed it aswell, just the character designs were never really as good as Beast Wars IMO. Cheetor's development was nice and each character got good background.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'd definitely recommend putting together a Beast Wars figures collection, but my advice would be to think twice about any investment in the Beast Machines toys as most of them are complete ass.

7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YAY! Glad you liked it. BM really is one of the most, if not the most, underrated TF series out there. It seems that as time goes by, a lot of people are giving it a 2nd chance and getting over their bad 1st impressions. There are still a few things that bug me about it, some things I would've done differently, but overall I love this show.

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The exception to this rule are the vehicons, deluxe size jetstorm is still awesome to this day

9. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I dunno about the beast machine toys being all bad, there were a few good ones like Mirage and Jetstorm(s) and Megabolt Megatron and the Snake guy.. and umm umm.. well there are a few anyway.

10. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

BM is a really nice series, but I don't recommend to buy maximals, the toys are really disproportioned or had strange colours (except Japanese exclusives of BW Returns) as for BW toys, just choose the best ones =) there are many of those figures that have really nice transformation schemes and articulation (while others are just shellformers)

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

So do you recommend watching Beast Machines?

Because, I've been considering giving both Beast Wars and Beast Machines a try, as soon as I'm able to find both series on DVD.

12. Necrophon

Ebay:
    That would be a definite yes, some of the best characterization and character development in a TF series.

13. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer BM to BW

14. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

I'm glad you liked it. It wasn't Beast Wars or Transformers enough for me so I am still not a fan. Change is constant in the TF universe and i think that is a good thing. But Beast machines was a RADICAL change from the series it was a spin -off of.
    I'm hoping to rewatch it again one day and like it. I like half of the story line (Few maximals vs Megs who controls the entire planet) but dislike the other half (Primal turns zealot to make Cyber-salad).

I agree 100% I love BW/BM Megatron. He is PURE evil. And fun to boot....yyyyyeeesssss!

But yeah once again glad you liked it. Beast Machines toys aren't that expensive are they? They seem cheap-ish even on Ebay compared to some other continuities. Now Beast Wars...yeah, you're going to pay a pretty penny for those. There are a LOT of Beast Wars fans. I recently paid $15 for Inferno's right ant-mode leg....but he is complete again so I count it as a victory lol.

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

An unequivocal YES.

Even if you don't like it (although I think you will if you give it every chance) then at least you can say you've seen it and any opinion you have on it from then on will be completely informed.

Plus, it's AWESOME!!! :rock 

16. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

Absolutely! Beast Wars may be the best written and acted series to date. Some people say the same for Beast Machines (more seemingly every day) but there is still a lot of ill-will towards it. But it is still worth watching for you to draw your own conclusion.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Thanks, guys! I'll be sure to give it a chance. :) 

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :rock 

Glad to see another BM fan enter the mix :thumb 

19. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Beast Machines was a great stand-alone series. When you start looking at it as a 5 season "Beast" series, it really destroys the characterization of the three Beast Wars seasons. I like the series, don't get me wrong, but the characterization of Beast Machines totally destroyed everything from Beast Wars (Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox).

And Night Scream.

20. Necrophon

Ebay:
    I can see what your saying, it certainly does take the characters in a different direction. I was really shocked at Rhinox's betrayal because it was so out of character from BW.