Just finished Transformers Animated!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I absolutley love this series. It took over my number one favorite series spot from Beast Machines.

The characters are great. The characterization was really good in my opinion. The whole main cast of Autobots and a few others were done well. Prowl is now one of my all-time favorite characters. His CyberNinja self was awesome. I actually felt sad when he sacrificed himself. I feel like he was the best character Transformers has had in a long time, maybe even the best of all-time. Ratchet and his military medic background was also cool. He was grumpy, but for good reasons. Optimus being a young, flawed hero may be my favorite portrayal of Optimus Prime. He may not have been the strongest, but he sure was never gonna give up. I loved that about him. Bumblebee was a fun character. He was the youngster of the group who matured over the course of the series. I love his attitude and I think all Transformers series need a character like him. Bulkhead was the big softie of the group....sorta. I like how he wanted to be a space bridge repair guy. He was just a regular dude. Thats what I like about him. The Dinobots were pretty cool. I wish they would have had just a little more importance to the plot, but they were still cool Grimmlock was again, awesome. Sentinel is a dick haha. His hatred towards Optimus was perfect for the series, though. Ultra Magnus was cool. I liked how he was the Autobot commander for this series. He was used less than I thought he was gonna be used and that was kinda dissapointing. I still enjoyed all times we did see Magnus throughout the series. Jazz was awesome, too. I'm glad he was a CyberNinja just like Prowl. He was even pretty important, epsecially when he and Prowl bring the AllSpark fragments back together. Wreck-Gar was a nice add. He was kind of annoying in his first appearance, but the next time I saw him I started liking him. Weird-Al Yankovic voicing him was nice too. Overall, I just loved the main cast of Autobots. They were done exceptionally well. The other Autobots were great. I'm just happy about the cast of Autobots the writers put together. Heck, Sari was even decent.

The Decepticons were done well, too. Megatron was his usual evil, strategic self. His intentions were what I expect from a Megatron and I loved Corey Burton's Megs voice. His design was also great in my opinion and I liked his alternate mode. Starscream was the backstabbing character most everyone expects. It was crazy how he managed to betray Megatron within the first ten minutes of the series. At first, I didn't like the immortality he had, but it grew on me. His clones were perfect and gave all sides of Starscream that we've seen. I'm glad Prowl and Jazz were technically the ones to take his life. Blitzwing was awesome. I absolutely loved the multiple personalities he had. His voice actor did a great job. He was one of the characters I was excited to see on screen everytime he was. Lugnut was cool. I liked his design and his I'm the most loyal to Megatron attitude. Shockwave was well portrayed. He had his G1 voice which was cool. I'm glad Marty Isenberg and the other writers picked him to play an undercover Decepticon in the Elite Guard. His loyalty to Megatron and risking his life by doing so was great. His cannon was cool and I'm glad he was a tank and not a turret gun(or whatever they're called). Swindle was okay. I wouldn't have minded if he wasn't in the series at all, but I know the designer wanted him, so we got him. The Constructicons were hilarious and some of my favorite characters. The voices with their personalities were a perfect match. They were the drunks haha. Overall, I liked the Decepticons alot.

Transform and Roll Out was good. It was a nice intro to the series in my opinion. We were introduced to the main cast that turned out to be great characters.

I actually enjoyed season 1 quite a bit. The first couple episodes I was like "This isn't worth what I paid". Then I saw Thrill of the Hunt and it started to get good. The flashbacks added for good storytelling(All flashbacks from this point forward were amazing) From that point forward, season one was great. Optimus is pretty damn cool, but my honest favorite, at least in season 1 had to be Bumblebee.
    I give season 1 8.5/10.

Season 2 started out pretty good and held the momentum season 1 ended with great. Sentinel Prime is an asshole. I know that now. Ultra Magnus seems cool and I hope we see more of him. I like the cast of Transformers alot. Prowl is badass. Ratchet and Bulkhead are moving up notches fast in my book. I like the direction the plot is taking, too. The allspark fragments are a good storyline and I kinda liked Starscream's immortality. The ending was spectacular and leaves me ready for more. Oh, and Bulkhead is fun to watch in this season. Overall, I give it 9/10. Great season and capitalized on season 1.

Season 3 was by far, the best of the series. More action and more Transformers. Megatron's plot starts to really take place and this series gets darker(not too dark, but more so than the first two seasons) Prowl's character becomes legendary in my opinion. He is characterized very well and eventually becomes probably my favorite character of the series. Other than Prowl, the other have really established their personalities and I feel like I know them personally in season 3. Thats how good the writing was. Predacons Rising was a good episode(I love the Beast Wars reference at the end), too bad we never saw of Blackarachnia or Waspinator after that. The storyarc involving Omega Supreme and the clones was awesme. I love Omega Supreme in this series and I'm glad they made him important to the end(at least his clones). Optimus Prime was a badass at the conclusion of this series. He showed Megatron he's not just some other bot. "I am Optimus Prime!!" I love this season. 10/10

I love this series!!!!! The characters and the story are the greatest in Transformers history. There were a few things I would've changed, but its still great no matter what. I wish there would have been a season 4. There is so much potential for a season 4 to be great. We could get closure for Blackarachnia and Waspinator. The Quintessons and maybe, just maybe unicron could be added. Just out of curiosity, why did they decide to cancel a season 4, if one was even planned

Overall, a great series.....my favorite series. I'm glad I gave it a shot

2. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

There were a multitude of reasons, factors including Cartoon Network being Cartoon Network, Hasbro moving their properties to The Hub, the ROTF toyline, etc. I doubt we'll ever truly know exactly why it was cancelled.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Glad you liked Animated, It's one of the best written series since Beast Wars.

I agree this Optimus Prime was one of my favourites, i loved the younger take and giving Ultra Magnus the main autobot commander was pretty awesome.

The Best thing is this show as so much fan-wank and yet it still is very fresh.

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated is awesome and the closest thing to a "G1 Reboot" that so many call for. One of the best TF series period.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Animated is the first series that I loved since Beast Wars. Its the only reason why I'm still into transformers at this point.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Now go pick up the "Arrival" comics (they're canon, written by Marty Isenberg), both Allspark Almanacs, and the Botcon comic. If you love the series, you owe it to yourself to get AT LEAST the almanacs, as the second one tells you what was going to be in season 4.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Listen to this man right here.

8. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Join the club. Animated is just the best thing ever.

9. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

Glad you enjoyed the series! I agree with those who have recommended the Allspark Almanacs, they're both fantastic. It's a real shame we never got season 4, Allspark Almanac II made it sound like it might have been the best season yet.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After I watched it I liked it a lot too. It is a shame it was killed. I was never a fan of the super villains but I did love that they made the Decepticons big and powerful.

That said Transformers Prime is better, in my personal opinion. It's more realistic and darker. Plus Arcee is pure undeniable win. So if Animated had to die to birth Prime then I'll place a rose on Animated's gravestone and rush into the arms of Prime.

11. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was never really a fan of the super villains, but I don't completely hate them either.

I've seen about 6 or 7 episodes of Prime. It is a pretty good show and I do agree on the dark tone. Animated is my new favorite, but there is a slight chance Prime could take over. I hear Prime hits the reset button every episode like in G1 which is okay, but I love it when every episode has something to do with the overall storyarc.