Just finished the new TF mini series on the HUB, it was TERRIBLE

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by hulk23869, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I didn't like it either. Reminded me too much of that horrible Hot wheels cartoon.

2. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

I believe TFs' main audience is targetted at kids, so it would not be very likely kids would be removed from their equation, besides only Raf(smart kid) is a kid, Miko and Jack are teens to say the least. And about the kids in the middle of the fight, I bet those soldiers who started fighting as a kid in war had alot worst. Kids getting caught in crossfires, that's how intensity, action and excitement develops.

3. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

The show is made for kids first, Transformers fans second. Hell, I'm a Transformers fan and I didn't grow up watching G1 and Beast Wars. Does that mean I should be whining for Raff to be a teenager?

4. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

5. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ruined Forever!!! Rage!!!

Five episodes into the series. Its for kids... on a kids network. We adults may enjoy some of it as well. Its ok that not everyone likes every little bit of the show. Its not "ruining transformers".

6. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I'm torn on TF Prime--I like the art style on screen, but I'd rather they opt for a more traditional approach when/if they make toys of them. Animated had some great designs, but I really didn't like the simple undetailed toys. Thank goodness they've translated some of my favorite character designs into the classic/movie mixture that we've been getting with lovely toys like the new Lockdown and Lugnut.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

These "I just watched" threads are always amusing. They're posted as though we've been on edge waiting for your opinion.

8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Agreed.

Agreed again.

:lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol 

The only great series was Beast Wars? :lol  Art stylings aside, Animated was excellent storytelling wise and excitement wise. Not to mention Sari (ie the human element) wasn't crammed into every episode.

I don't like Miko, but she doesn't ruin the series, and the other children aren't even that annoying. Brutal murder, torture, and robot disembowelment aren't mature enough for you?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know why people expect "Transformers: Buckets of Blood" to come out. It will not. If Hasbro did something aimed solely at a mature audience, I'd have to wonder what kind of crack they're smoking.

9. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hate the kids too and I dont see how it hels attract children to watch the show as when I was a child I wanted to see the bots, I didn't care about any kids being in show. Spike always seemed about 18 so it never seemed like we had annoying kid sidekicks till Daniel.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. For God's sake, THIS.

This went far above what kind of adult content ANY TF series has had before, and we're only 5 episodes in.

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    While Miko is almost completely oblivious to the feelings of others and is pretty foolish, Jack is responsible and well adjusted, and not ignorant or stupid.

It's stated from the outset that the entire base is an old missile silo running off human technology that Ratchet hates and feels is beneath him. While Raf being a super-genius computer nerd at 12 years old is unrealistic, Ratchet's unfamiliarity with human tech isn't that unrealistic. This is not the best analogue, but if you're a techie whose knowledge is based entirely upon today's technology, you may not know what to do if you were asked to reprogram or repair a computer made 50 years ago.

But Transformers is a children's toyline franchise. Who do you think mainly buys the toys (or rather, have the toys bought for them) and watches these cartoons for the most part? Older fans are comparatively few in number, even if you throw in the Robot Chicken/Family Guy/80s-nostalgia-is-cool-type crowd who "rediscovered" Transformers when the 2007 movie was announced.

Besides, TF Prime so far is plenty mature with its generally serious and grim-dark tone. And the violence.

Spike was 14 in season 1, so TF Prime's Jack is actually older than him, and so far, generally a more responsible person.

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not looking to fight with you on this point, but she was with bulkhead.... And could be part irish. :lol 

13. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow, i didn't like it that much (kinda meh on the series so far) but i didn't think it was the worst ever, especially not after trying to watch armada this summer, that was unbearable, this is bearable, and somewhat enjoyable, the art style is too movie for me, but the writing is decent. miko isn't a great character so far, but had some redeeming points at the end of the mini series

as for making a series only for adults...i wouldn't let my kids watch rotf, they would have to be at least teenagers by the time they seen that

14. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

Beast wars was geared towards children, but it was incredibly good and enjoyable for adults as well. Believe it or not, it is possible to make a series that's enjoyable for both kids and adults.

I do realize that Prime had the murder of cliffjumper in the beginning, which was outstanding and plenty mature, but it was ruined later on with the children, Miko and Raff. It's like having Wolverine going out and killing Sabertooth only to come back to his room in the x-mansion to find fluffy pink bunnies all over the place.

I have seen the first six or so episodes of animated, before quitting. My gripe with that series was the black, skinny Emo-bot who seemed to always be on his time of the month.

15. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

On another note, could someone please tell me how to put a pic of a transformer under my name, like the rest of you have?

16. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Yeah, because Wolverine has never had child sidekicks before. Oh wait... Shadowcat, Jubilee, Rogue, and Armor.

17. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

its in the User CP on your right hand side of the bar above the forums and go to Edit Avatar and the options are on that page.

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It sounds like your gripe with the series is based mostly on the kids? IMO, the kids in this series have been some of the best to come into a Transformers cartoon. I think even Beast Wars was less mature than the Prime series. BW had all of those cartoon sound effects with Waspinator and Inferno, rubber ducks, etc. I didn't mind it all, but I would think stuff like that would come off as less mature than the kids in the Prime series.

Did you not enjoy all of the fight scenes in Prime? The fights that took place
    on the Space Bridge, the graveyard
    , I mean those were some of the best fight scenes we've ever had IMO. Just curious if those were as bad and awful for you as well.

Are you referring to Prowl in the TFA as the "skinny Emo-bot?" I've never heard him described him as that :lol 

19. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

HWHAT! I guess its not for everyone but I think Its great.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Name one series other than Beast Wars that falls under what you consider "enjoyable" for both kids AND adults.

Did you not pay attention to how Optimus and Ratchet were making such a big deal about Megatron defiling the resting places of BOTH Autobot and Decepticon warriors by resurecting a zombie army? Or the part where the 5th episode actually starts off with the zombie army laying waste to human civilization (complete with mandatory screaming human female)? Or how about the part where Starscream repeatedly tortures Fowler to the point that the human is a raving lunatic for a short period afterwards and Screamer still is willing to kill him when the Autobots show up?

Seriously, the kids aren't that intrusive to the action.

Y'know, there's something called character development, and Prowl (the "black, skinny Emo-bot" you are talking about) gets a great big heaping plate of it throughout the series. In fact, I'd say he got the MOST character development of any of the core group of Autobots in that series. Oh, and I'm pretty sure he didn't get much screen time in the first Soundwave episode, either.