Just finished the new TF mini series on the HUB, it was TERRIBLE

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by hulk23869, Dec 11, 2010.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

I watched all the episodes and I absolutely hate the fact that they have these incredibly ignorant and ouright stupid children. How dumb can the girl get? Seriously... And that little pint sized boy with the glasses, who else knew they would use the stereotype, "oh yeah, i have glasses, i must be super smart, i'm even smarter than ratchet who has lived for thousands of years on a planet thats far superior technologically.." If they turn this into an ongoing series, I will not be watching it. The only great transformers series was Beast Wars. G1 was okay too. When will the suits realize that children are ruining the transformers? How can you throw a child in the middle of giant robot action and expect them to make it out alive??? The transformers fan base is growing older. We were kids when G1 came out and now we're adults, we want something with mature content. Please erase the sterotypical children out of your equation.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You do know we have an entire forum dedicated to that, right?

And I regret to inform you that it was, in fact, far from terrible. It was quite excellent.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    #1 - Contrary to popular belief, this show wasn't made for adults.

#2 - there is a PRIME section of the site for posts about it.

4. hulk23869

I never said it was made for adults.....

5. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Yet you're raging over the fact that you're more mature so the cartoon should be made solely for you?

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Transformers fan base growing older doesn't matter. Writers have said themselves, this is a new story for a new generation, but if you're a old fan MAYBE YOU COULD ENJOY IT TOO.

MAYBE, COULD are keywords. What you want doesn't matter. Old fans liking it is just extra.

7. hulk23869

yeah, i'm saying the cartoon should be made solely for me. Thank you for stating that fact.

8. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

No offence guys/gals, but we're talking about an animated series involving HUGE, walking, talking, intelligent robotic organisms from another planet that transform into trains, planes, and automobiles, what's so hard to swallow about a genius 8yr old boy who can master a computer, seriously ?!?!??? I thought the series was excellent ! It's been a lonnnng time since I enjoyed watching a TF series, back as far as G1, (except for the recent movie series) and according to the HUB's ratings, only this and the movie series have done this well relating to TF's in a long time. I say give it a chance, because the good far outweighs the bad, what very little there is.

9. hulk23869

Ceterus, while I respect your opinion, I do not believe your argument is coming from a solid platform. A fantasy world is created in which there are transformers, that does not mean all rules should be ignored. If there can be a child as stupid and annoying as the female in this series and at the same time she can somehow survive, then why don't we include pink elephants in the series as well? It's one thing to create a series based on fantasy and another alltogether, to make it believable.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not hard to believe that a kid would survive a fight in a hero cartoon. It happens all the time. It happens IN REAL LIFE with real examples of children that survived much rougher wars. If anything Prime wins points because they finally showed how dangerous the fight can be with that scene in the Nemesis and Jack freaking out.

Heck, cavemen kids survived in Beast Wars, and they had zero intelligence.

11. Shining Blitz

Shining Blitz Well-Known Member

But that's a ridiculous assertion! Perhaps the show is not perfect, although I quite enjoyed it, but in no way does any one 'fan' - especially you - have any right to even feel entitled to having an expensive, long-term investment from a large, established corporation centered around him and him alone (no particular genders specified, just easier pronouns).

12. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You made it seem like you did.

Transformers is for kids; that's just a fact. This Fandom is such a small percentage we really have little to no say in what is created.

I say give the series a shot though. I'm a die hard Beast Wars fan too and I love the Prime series. Stick with it man, you never know how much it'll grow on you.

13. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "oh yeah, i have glasses, i must be super smart, i'm even smarter than ratchet who has lived for thousands of years on a planet thats far superior technologically.."

Not smarter than Ratchet just more familiar with Earth computer systems, granted to a extravagant degree but plausible. Just cause Ratchet is more advanced doesn't mean he is an expert in Windows 2000.

suits realize that children are ruining the transformers?

kids or kid analogs will always be in Transformers since that is the demographic

How can you throw a child in the middle of giant robot action and expect them to make it out alive???

How can you throw anyone into that as expect survival? some suspension of disbelief is always required

etc etc etc

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Threads merged. Spam from people with ten times enough posts to know better deleted.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Jesus, we had a recognizable character get fatally stabbed, resurrected as a mindless zombie, cut in half and blown up, we had a horde of undead transformers, we had a human get visibly tortured with a cattle prod and saw an Autobot TEAR THE INSIDES OUT OF ANOTHER ROBOT.

How much more mature content do you freaking want?!

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Come on guys Raf is 12 and a quarter. Learn this fact please.

And to the poster I am sorry you feel that way and sure it has flaws, but this series is far from terrible, it's hands down the best since beast wars.

Bar none. As proven by the fact that for the first time I remember prime thought ahead of megatron and stopped him on the teams own merit (thanks to Gogdog) which didn't even dawn on me I guess I just never thought of the possibility of that happening in a transformers series.

That enough is a light on the future of this series and franchise.

17. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    The reason children are introduced in Transformers cartoons is so the children watching have someone to relate to. Miko is super-excited when she is around Transformers, as some children would be.

Oh, and I think it's pretty mature. Character death, multiple robo-gore, and torturing Agent Fowler seem pretty serious to me.

Raf is pretty weird being smart enough for military computers and understanding Bumblebee, but the series has just began. We'll see how it turns out this February I guess.

18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Its not all that weird that Raf knows computers and can understand Bee, a mathematical prodigy would know this easily, especially if Bee is speaking in something related to a computer programming language.

Raf also was giving limits, aka having to go into the observatory to stop the dishes

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I really don't get the complaints about Raf being able to do things on the computer that Ratchet can't. As they said in the series, it's throwaway antiquated earth technology, so of course it's beneath Ratchet's expertise. It's kind of like how despite it being nearly 4000 to 5000 years since the fall of the Sumerian civilization, few know how to read the Sumerian language.

So, since you didn't list any other reasons, the miniseries was terrible solely because it had kids in it? What a incredibly shallow, closed viewpoint. Remember the only time a TF show didn't have humans in it? It was called Beast Machines, and we know how the collective fandom feels about that one.

20. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:

Funny thing about the show is that I feel it is more of a family show then that of a child's one. Essentially, for me at least, it feels as if it is more in line with Star Wars as opposed to just “another kids show” which is something that Transformers has been lacking for YEARS. Many people argue that it is meant for kids so you have to “deal with it”, I on the other hand could not disagree more; it is a program that has evolved from solely a kids program to a fun adventure for all ages. The only complaints I have about Prime is that it took them this long to make it. Prime is literally the evolution of Transformers over the last 26 years; it takes the best parts and puts in a universe that has something for everybody, be it kids or old school fans like myself, no previous show (or movie) was able to achieve that as well as Prime has. It is still very early and Prime is still in its infancy but, if the 5 part was any indication of the future of Transformers (which it is) I as a old timer G1 fan boy could not be happier.

As for the kids being annoying, more particularly Miko; it would bother me if it did not serve a purpose however, the cast, most in particular Arcee, are very much reactive by Miko's actions. Which leads me to believe that her annoying attitude is intentional so that the viewers can actually relate to the responses of Arcee, Jack, and anyone else who grows frustrate by her disconnected view on serious events.

In conclusion, none of this I am sure will change your mind about liking or disliking the show however, from one G1 and Beast Wars era fan to another, try and give it a chance you may be pleasantly surprised.