Just Finished Beast Wars for the first time...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Necrophon, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    OK, for years I was a staunch "geewunner" but I'm noticing that as I get older that I'm more open minded to new things and change in general, so even though it's an older series it was new for me.

I had a marathon two day session where all I did in my free time was watch Beast Wars from beginning to end and upon completion I have to say, "What an idiot I was for not watching this sooner!"

Beast Wars has to have some of the best writing and character development I've ever seen in a cartoon series! The overall series had a direction in mind and followed it through excellently.

I will soon begin watching Beast Machines since I've heard that it's in the same continuity.

But one quick question and I'll shut up my praise rant.

When G1 Starscream's spark showed up and possessed Waspinator, was it ever explained how he got there in the past? Also has it ever been indicated whether or not he knew it was earth? If so I should think that he would have possessed his own body in the Ark. From that point on he would have been armed with knowledge of the future and could have wreaked mayhem.

Thoughts anyone?

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I believe the idea was that he fell trew the same rip in the time continuiam that the Max and Preds did.

I dont believe he knew it was earth.

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As they hadn't revealed to the audience that the Beast Wars were taking place in the past yet, they could only be vague about it, so Starscream explains it by just saying that his wandering spark was "beyond the reach of time itself". Jigging about through time and space would be something Starscream's ghost would get up to a LOT in later Japanese fiction.

Also, good on you for watching Beast Wars! :) 

4. Necrophon

Ebay:
    Thanks for the clarification guys. I'll be starting Beast Machines this weekend so I may be back with questions comments etc.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You might want to do yourself a favor and skip Beast Machines... Most people hate it.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Just because SOME people hate it, doesn't mean he shouldn't watch it and form his own opinions about it.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, give Beast Machines a go. Fair warning, it is very different, but I find it a good different. It gets way darker than Beast Wars got, though.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Good for you for being open minded.

When it comes to Transformers i'm open minded, Mostly because i grew up with the Unicron Trilogy and Beast Wars.

One thing about Beast Machines, Jetstorm is the best charecter by far.

9. AMG

AMG Old School

Beast Wars is definitely great, it's tied with G1 as my all time favorite TF series.

Enjoy Beast Machines.

10. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I enjoyed Beast Machines, hope you do aswell. Just be prepared for dodgy character designs.
    PS, the Vehicons are awesome.

11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hated Beast Machines the first time. Took a 2nd viewing before I finally warmed up to it, and now it's one of my favorite TF series ever. It's a weird one like that. Hope you enjoy it, and glad to hear how much you liked Beast Wars. :D 

12. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Its all about Tankorr! BM is worth a watch, really rather different, it has its ups and downs.

Glad you enjoyed BW, it's rather good. Stayed solid from start to finish.

13. mirage6530

mirage6530 Well-Known Member

I love them all,beast wars was killer lol,beast machines is odd but still killer, like a gothic beast wars with plants and stuff lol,does anyone know where one could purchase beast machines on disc?

14. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fair play watching BW. Great series imo.

On starscreams spark, I reckon he didn't know it was earth and simply was wandering through space, he probably couldn't inhabit the G1 starscreams body in the ark due to it being hidden, on lock down and his spark being in that body in the past anyway.

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    The two Beast shows are awesome.
    Way better than most TF shows in my opinion.

16. bourdon

bourdon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. BlackJackuk

BlackJackuk Well-Known Member

I think beast wars is one of the best transformers related years ever released. Very well written and an excellent story arc. And it has so many nods to the G1 fans to boot!

18. Necrophon

Ebay:
    O.K. things have been a bit busy so I haven't been able to watch Beast Machines in a huge marathon like I did with Beast Wars but I am at the fifth episode. (Forbidden Fruit) And here are my observations:
    1. The series seems darker in tone, a bit more serious.
    2. There seems to be a little less dialogue and a bit more focus on action. (Thus far anyways.)
    3. The music is awesome!
    4. The CG and character designs seem more stylized than Beast Wars was.
    5. Tankor is hilarious!

Thus far I'm enjoying the show, I'm glad that they're taking their time explaining what is happening to Cybertron. Also the current maximals are characterized very true to the previous series and I appreciate that.

I can't believe that I waited so long to give Beast Wars and Beast Machines a chance, but I'm glad I did. The bad part is now I'm going to be spending more of my money buying figures for these series now. :) 

19. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Glad you like what you have seen so far. Just a tip on the BW toys, do not get the Hasbro Transmetal Megatron. It falls apart like Waspinator does in the show, get the Japan version. That version has no GPS issue.

20. Necrophon

Ebay:
    Thanks for the heads up 'cause he's definitely on my want list. For now I'll be focusing on getting the on-screen characters while picking up extra ones whenever they appeal to me.

The downside to all this is because I'm getting into these figures after they've been out for such a long time it's a bit more expensive to get them now.