Just curious....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 0ptimus__Prime, Apr 3, 2009.

?

Is your collection mostly or completely MISB?

1. Yes. Everything is MISB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. Most of my collection is MISB

8 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. No. But I keep all the boxes

49 vote(s)
    38.6%
  4. No. I don't keep the boxes

49 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. Other. (Please post)

21 vote(s)
    16.5%
  1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Plastic Prisons Suck.

2. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

No, I like to take them out, play with them, and pose them on my shelves. However, I always keep the instructions and the backs of the cards and boxes. I hope to someday have the largest collection of original character bios.

3. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

I have a few misb figures that are waiting to be sold, which is the only reason they are misb. I also have some reissues that are mib. For the majority though they all stay in two big boxes downstairs, ready to be enlisted into the ever raging battle the consumes my living room every other day or so.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. I want to fiddle around with my toys, and it doesn't pop into my head that I should buy one and keep it sealed just for the sake of selling it in the future for more money.

As for items that are already rare and expensive misb's: I just don't buy them. I don't really have need for a very rare G1 item just because it was the original or it's special. I'd rather buy an Encore and take it out of the box.

I throw all boxes and cards away, the only stuff I keep are the transformation manuals and the boxes of special stuff (Encore, Fansproject things, etc.)

I never really got the whole misb thing. People are buying and saving these things for what exactly? To make them go up in price so they can sell them later on? Doubtful, as they all grow affected to their collection and don't want to sell it. To play with? Can't do that with boxes. To show how cool they are? Maybe, but then again this is a hobby that revolves around collecting kids toys, so there isn't really much coolness to begin with...

If anyone is a misb collector, more power to them :)  it's just a very different mindset that I can't wrap my head around.

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I open most of my stuff and throw away most of the packaging except the card art and bios.

6. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

a lot of my movie stuff is. some universe. a couple encores. and some random stuff like optimash, mighty muggs, heroes of cybertron, and whatever. 95% of my collection is open.

7. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

i used to save the cards but that kinda got out of hand so after all the evil looks from the wife, they are gone

8. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I open everything. I have only kept boxes for Universe Galvatron, Acid Storm, Starscream, Hound, Legends Hound and Movie Legends Ratchet.

I...keeping things MISB is...the toy would be better off it the hands of a 5 year old who would actually play with it.

EDIT: Also kept boxes for encore Optimus Prime, Encore Starscream and Commerative Reissue Soundwave w/ Ravage and Laserbeak.