Just curious....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 0ptimus__Prime, Apr 3, 2009.

?

Is your collection mostly or completely MISB?

1. Yes. Everything is MISB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. Most of my collection is MISB

8 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. No. But I keep all the boxes

49 vote(s)
    38.6%
  4. No. I don't keep the boxes

49 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. Other. (Please post)

21 vote(s)
    16.5%
  1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do at times. Sometimes I just like the packaging enough to hold onto it. Sometimes I just keep the box in case I want to sell it later.

2. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I liberate all my Transformers from their plastic prisons.

I keep most of the Japanese boxes, such as the Masterpieces, Henkei Voyagers, Reissues. I also have some red Alternator boxes, my Walmart Screamer and Devastator boxes. The packaging for carded deluxe figures get thrown out. I do keep the Henkei cardbacks and artwork though.

So I vote other, since I keep some of the boxes but not all.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Can't do MISB. Too "hands-on" kind of guy. I feel that transforming the figure that first time is where my connection to the figure comes from.

I used to keep backing cards back when I was still into ToyBiz Marvel figures in the late 90's. Eventually, I threw them all out. Now I just don't keep cards or blisters... kind of. I just have a pile right now that needs to get thrown out.

I don't typically keep instructions either, since I never use them.

4. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Great idea! Imma start doing that.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

My Transformers, GI Joe, and now Marvel stuff is all out of package.

Sometimes I'll keep the card backs, but I do wish Transformers had something a bit more universal in size like the GI Joe file cards or how the Marvel figures have a card inside that tells you about the character.

Okay and I miss the Cybertron thing of putting the code in to find stuff about the character that would never go on the back of the card bio.

6. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    This.

7. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    MISB!? Don't you understand what that can do to a toy? Did you learn nothingfrom "Toy Story 2"! I've never not opened a toy, and the only boxes I keep are ones good for storing stuff

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I have a box for only about thirty of my figures, 'cause that's when I started saving them, and a good deal of my figures didn't come with boxes, like my Alt. Battle Ravage, who I got off eBay and came with everything BUT the box. I can account for every set of instructions for all the figures that came with one, however, plus a movie Salvage instruction sheet which got in there somehow, as I don't own him. Only one of my TF's is still MISB, and that's my Classics 1.0 Cybertron Legends Soundwave. He looks better in robot mode than alt mode, and so I might as well keep his value as high as possible by keeping him locked away. Everything else is opened ASAP. I only buy what I like, so I might as well open them up.

9. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I discard all the bubbles and plastic on cards and boxes, but keep any of the other stuff on the cards/boxes. Discarding the bubbles makes folding and storing boxes WAY easier. Only boxes I keep entirely intact are special ones.

10. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I keep all the boxes + packages for all my TFs. Wheather thats a g1 thats 25yrs old or my just-purchased Atomic Lugnut. My closet has packages that will eventually go into large plastic containers that will find their way into my garage. At some point if I decide to ever sell anything I know that a complete MIB type of TF will undoubtedly yield me more money. Todays $4 walmart blow-out of Jungle Bonecrusher can and probably turn into a much more valuable (but equally terdish) Jungle Bonecrusher MIB in say 10 15 or 20 yrs.

11. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

oh wow, I thought I was a freak for hanging onto boxs. cool. but I don't really know why though, guess as a precaution

12. AMG

AMG Old School

Other. I open pretty much everything, but I do have some rainy day items waiting for their chance at freedom. All in due time.

Cards/boxes I save, boxes are broken down flat with all their bubble and/or cardboard inserts thrown away. Card bubbles are also thrown out.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the majority of my collection is loose, or boxed, but out on displayed, in fact i avoid buying them in boxes as much as i can, since boxes take up SO much space... :lol 

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i recently began to keep boxes cause of return purposes, and originally just kept the boxes from my two reissues and for some odd reason cybertron jetfire, megatron, classics optimus prime (voyager) and animated grimlock

15. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    i open mine some i keep the boxes esp all of the old G1

16. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not an MISB collector per sae but I do have an MISB Starscream collection to go along with my open collection.

Anything else I haven't opened yet I just haven't gotten to yet or don't have a display place for yet and it was an exclusive (meaning I had to get it when I saw it or pay stupid prices for it later).

Other was my choice.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  17. Riltht

Riltht Full-Time Doomsayer

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    PA Isn't that cold :crazy: 

Toys are meant to be opened, so I have no toys in boxes, and only one box, and that's just because I'm too lazy too throw it away...

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Since I've been digging through my stored TF collection the last few days after not seeing most of it for a decade, I've discovered I have a lot more MISB stuff than I first thought. I also seem to have stacks more flattened boxes.
    I think me and my little niece, who I've been getting into Transformers, are going to have a little bit of TF opening fun this weekend. :) 

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Kept all my G1 boxes from when I was a kid, usually stored my TFs in them, especially the ones with styrofoam. Recently only have kept MP's and Encore's, as well as WWI The Fallen, Vader/Death Star, and Convoy Mickey. Oh, and Battle Rollar.

20. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I open almost everything, I usually keep the boxes though, because I often like the packaging. Henkei/Classics/Universe 2.0 are the exception though, since the packaging tends to be oversized (especially the US/European retail stuff).