Just curious....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 0ptimus__Prime, Apr 3, 2009.

?

Is your collection mostly or completely MISB?

1. Yes. Everything is MISB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. Most of my collection is MISB

8 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. No. But I keep all the boxes

49 vote(s)
    38.6%
  4. No. I don't keep the boxes

49 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. Other. (Please post)

21 vote(s)
    16.5%
  1. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Been wondering about this for some time now....
    How many people actually keep their collection MISB?

2. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

I don't...just can't bare the thought of leaving them behind the plastic. I do keep the boxes though.

3. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    ALL of my stuff aren't MISB.

TBH, I don't see much purpose in buying a figure only to keep it in it's packaging, it's like buying a car only to leave it in a garage.

As for boxes, I keep the boxes for stuff like Henkeis, Encores and TFCs. Or some other boxes that I really like a lot, which then serve as storage for spare parts, missiles, etc.

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Open everything but keep the boxes.

Those TFs that are blister-carded (rather than boxed) I throw away the plastic bubble but keep the backing card

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Why would i buy transformers to play with and keep the boxes? I just don't get it.

6. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I buy a double for maybe half the toys in each line, the ones I like. If I really like it I get a triple. The reason is that 1)I like having misb, it's a kind of magical thing. 2)I want to use the toy and pose it and play with it etc. I can only do this and feel free to potentially wreck the figure if I know there is another one just waiting to be brought out.

Over the years I have not cracked and opened the misb for the most part. I have them stuffed into cupboards in black garbage bags to keep out the uv rays and mold causing moisture. One thing I don't think I have ever done is buy a figure just to have misb. If I have only one of something then it eventually gets opened - because that's what toys are for:) 

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Other. All of my TF collection is unboxed and I throw out most of the boxes, after scanning instructions and bio cards into my computer. However, I do keep some of the nicer packaging and the packaging for figures that are fragile (Masterpieces) or rare (TFCC Seacons). I think I have maybe a total of 20 boxes that I've kept for a collection of over 500 figures.

8. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all of my transformers pre-movie, are just hanging out in a big box.......after the movie, all have instructions......recently, any japanese version are out of the box...but saved the boxes

9. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

I always take them out of their boxes and play with'em. With the reissues I keep the boxes, and with the Henkei I've recently been keeping the swag inside the boxes.

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I open everything. I however only keep some boxes, not all so that is why I chose other.

11. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Used to keep the boxes for new stuff and I still do for any old stuff I open. Just got to a point where I was storing shitloads of cardboard.

12. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i open all my stuff, but i keep most of the boxes... boxes only, not cards.. so thats basically voyagers, ultras and leaders.. my encore collection is currently MISB, although i plan on opening them all when i have enough space...

13. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My collection pretty well speaks for itself. I have a wonderful time looking at it still in package. If I opened them, I probably wouldn't have half the figures I do now.

Primarily I get stuff to keep MISB. If I want to play with the figure, I buy a second. Yet I have some loose and MIB G1. I'm working on upgrading those.

14. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    I usually discard Hasbro boxes and keep/display those figures loose.
    Takara however usually has such nice boxes/cards that I display the figures MIB. Not only because it looks awesome but also to save some space.

I've never left a toy MISB though. The coolest part about transformers is transforming them! Can't really do that without opening..

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    A small portion of my collection is MISB. More is MIB once it's done a stint on display. Carded stuff stays opened. Most of my other opened stuff is from way back in the G1, G2, BW and BM days.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Mostly I open everything up, however I still have my Cybertron Galvatron MISB, and I bought doubles of all of the first 06-07 Classics run to keep MISB. Everything else is opened. I do keep the packaging if it's really nice looking, particularly the Reissues and Masterpiece boxes. Though I've also kept the boxes to my BW Neo toys (I love the look of them) and the 6" Titanium Boxes in case I decide to sell them off later. I keep the deluxe card backs as well, and I throw them in a plastic storage bin.

17. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    I am an elite member of the TRANSFORMERS LIBERATION FRONT.

I hate MISB and open everything I get. Vintage G1 like Japanese King Poseidon, Fangry, etc. If you send it MISB to me, I'll liberate the transformer and MIB it the same day it arrives.

18. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I open everything, keep card backs/art, instructions and other swag and the occasional cool looking box.

Toys are meant to be played with! Especially ones with multiple modes of display.

19. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I voted "other" because I keep some boxes, some I'll clip the artwork and tech specs off of, and some get tossed in the fire to heat my house. Pennsylvania's cold. :lol 

20. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i open everything, i have to play. i only have the boxes for my mp figures, music label, special editions, and ths, (i like black boxes lol) and all the cardbacks/boxes from classics 1.0