Customs: Just Curious

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I was just wandering if any of you know what heads can replace the one on 10th Ann. Beast Wars Megatron. I'm thinking of doing a kitbash of him, and if i do it I need to replace the head on him with something else. I'm thinking that C.D.Hot Shot's head might work, but I'm not sure at the moment. Thanks in advance for any help on this. Peace out.

Attached Files:

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Does anybody have anthing to say about what I made this thread for? Any friendly advice at all right now would be helpfull. Again, thanks in advace for any helpful advice here. Peace out.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The best way to find out would be to simply remove the head. I don't own the Beast Wars Megatron figure you're talking about, but I bet I could help more if I knew this:

How is the head mounted? Is it on a ball joint? Is it on a pin?

I know that C.D. Hot Shot's head is mounted on a pin.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how it's mounted because I haven't bought it yet. I'm waiting for the Cybertron repaint to come out before I go and buy it for kitbashing, so I can save a couple of bucks on it. I'm planning this from pics of it at the moment. Peace out.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Doesn't anybody have anthing to say here. It would be nice if someone who owened a 10th Ann. Beast Wars Megatron to at least tell me how his head is held on. Thanks in advance to any help here. Peace out.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The head's on a ball-joint (the socket is in the part that folds into the chest for transformation. The main problem with head changing/modifying would seem to be the form factor, since Megs's head is a bit on the small side, and rather narrow front-to-back, to fit in place in robot mode.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I just remembered something that I forgot to ask. About what size is the head on the 10th Ann. Megatron? I'm thinking Deluxe, but for all I know, it could be somewhere between that of a Deluxe and a Voyager. I need to know so I can try and figure out what Tf heads can replace it. Also, is the ball joint to where the ball is attatched to the head, or to the body. I'm not sure, but I think most heads with that kind of joint on them have attached to the head, like Cybertron Armorhide's head. Thanks in advance to anybody who helps me with this. Peace out.

Edit: I just thought of something. I was looking at some pics of Deluxe Cybertron TF's. I personally like the way Runamucks head sculpt looks, but I can't figure out how it's connected to the body. Thanks for any help. Peace out.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Honestly, if you're planning to do modifications to the head of this Beast Wars Megatron, it's probably a good idea to own the toy first and start examining it. Most of the questions you're asking - at least, it would seem to me - would be relevant in the Toyark as well, but I'm really not sure where you could get these answers unless you just purchased the toy.

The heads on these figures don't always fit into a particular size class; the figures themselves do, but the heads can vary depending on the character and sculpt.

It's not that I don't want to help, it's just that I think you'll be able to help yourself a lot more with the toy in hand. It's hard to kitbash something nonexistent. ;) 

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for the Cybertron repaint to come out before I buy it. Mainly to save some money, but I also have no interest in the comic or the ship. I also just want to know about what size class sized head he has, so I can get a good idea of some possibilitys of replacement heads when I go and compare Megatron's to others. Peace out.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    BTW, does anybody know about when the Cybertron repaints of 10th Ann. Prime and Megs are supposed to come out? Also, can anyone that owns a Cybertron Runamuck tell me how his head is attached to his body. I've searched for threads that talk about him, but I can't find one in the Toyark. I might just start a thread in there to see if anybody has anything to say about that one. Peace out.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've got some digibashes of what I'm thinking of doing for this kitbash. I've just started one, so it may be a little while before I get it on here. I'm also working in paint, so they won't be very good. I don't own photoshop at the moment. If anybody has any ideas for this project you can post them if you want to, head ideas and what not. I'm thinking of haveing it be dark grey with blue and silver accents. Comments are much appreciated. Peace out.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Runamuck's head mounts the same way the head mounted on this mold in it's other releases. Since it slides for the transformation, there are two tracks on the sides of the body and tabs on the sides of the head that go into said tracks. The bottom of his head is completely flat. It's also a kind of a large head for a deluxe ( It actually works good on an Alternator ). Probably won't work on Megatron, even if you do solve the whole 'completely different mounting system' problem.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the help. I've been trying to figure out some possibilitys of a new head for the mold. I'm trying to make an autobot, so a new head makes sense. I was hoping that Runamucks head would at least be about the same size, oh well. I even have a digibash in the works with it on him. If you have any ideas for a head that might work please tell me. Peace out.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Megatron's head is actually really small, even smaller than most deluxes. There's no way Runamuck's head would fit in the space. Like Insane Galvatron said, Runamuck's head is actually quite large for a deluxe, so you're comparing the two extreme sides of the spectrum.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Ok, since Runamuck's Head won't work, I'll have to do some more hard work on my digibash. When you say small for a deluxe, do you mean about Cy. Thundercracker/Skywarp small. because I know that molds head is small for being a deluxe. Also, is the ball part of the joint attached to the head, or the body? Thanks in advance for any help. Peace out.