Just Completed my First MOD!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lostnfound, Jul 7, 2010.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

May not mean much to everyone else, but I'm proud of myself! I didn't like the way that Battle-Hooks Prime's hooks fold "against" his fist/forearm, so I unscrewed his arms, and swapped the hooks that way they folded "in" instead of "out and against". Battle-Hooks is more impressive than I thought he would be btw, the only thing that I don't like is the battle damage to his face. they just painted one side black.

2. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Is it possible to mix and match blades an hooks on a single prime? That'd be cool. Good job on your first mod. :thumb 

3. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Radicons much?

You could lose the "battle damage" with a little bit alcohol and a q-tip or what I like to use- cotton rounds, usually found near the make-up area of any store.

You'd likely have to retouch or even repaint some of the silver or red and blue detail on the figure afterwards, plus a bit of topcoat.

4. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I prefer to call this Prime "Unsightly Birthmark Prime", but Battle Hooks works for me...

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Hey don't shortchange yourself! I think that's great...the only real modifications I've made to my TFs have been trading heads and adding Reprolabels on Henkei Sunstreaker and Sideswipe and the Leg Swap on Alt. Prowl. Little things, but it sure is satisfying! Alt Prowl is SO much better that way IMO!

6. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember my first mod/fix......TFTM leader Megatron (moving the spring to the right arm). ahhhhh.......memories.

7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. I haven't attempted any else due to fear... I have a second hand for HA Bee but haven't attempted to install it yet. I want to mod Leader Megatron's claw arm but I'm a little worried about messing up, since he's hard to come by now.

8. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

probably, Id imagine they are one the same sprinloaded mechanism. But im not gonna try, the only other primes I have im not touching (I managed to get both amazon and buster prime) Which is why i bought this one as a part of the toyrus half off thing (it only cost $22 for me) so that I could have a "regular" prime to mess around with.

9. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    The first mod I ever did was swapping HA BB's legs.

How amazing the sheer amount of things you can do with a simple screwdriver...