Just bought the Wal Mart exclusive!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by normtrooper, Oct 16, 2007.

1. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it is kinda animated. Like we all thought it is still images that move with sound added and voice over, it isn't really animation. Here's the cool part though the images are from the idw prequel, not the Target exclusive. But the best part is it's narrated by not only Cullen, but Mark Ryan and FRANK WELKER! I don't know why they didn't advertise Frank because when I heard his voice I thought my money was well spent. For the record I also bought the 2 disc.

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Even Van Helsing and Chronicles of Riddick got actual animated features--hell, Riddick's was done by Peter Chung. I was kinda hoping that Transformers would get the same treatment.

3. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

I'm really glad I bought the Wal-Mart 2-disc set.

I think the "special edition" 2-disc set will have all its extras on YouTube sooner than later.

I might get the SE later though if I hear Michael Bay's commentary is well worth it.

I actually plan to buy a 2nd copy of the film, but I want the transforming DVD case that is Target's exclusive. I have 3 hours and 20 minutes to go until I can purchase it.

Geeze. It took me 19 years to wind up with 4 copies of Star Wars' original trilogy (1st release, VHS - THX, VHS-SE, 1st release on DVD).

I'm going to possibly wind up with 3 copies of Transformers within 24 hours! Nice marketing job Paramount.

4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Give it a year. The others you're talking about were not simultaneously released with the original movies.

5. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

REALLY REALLY GLAD i got the walmart disk.

Frank welker and peter cullen are well worth not havingteh 2nd disk of extras.

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Got the Walmart exclusive and the special edition as well. Woohoo!

7. supreme12

supreme12 Member

I also have the walmart disc I really like what they did with the characterization of the decepticons in the prequel animation. Its sets up nicely starscreams true intentions. The TF2 script release sounds even more credible after hearing starscreams comments about megatron. I really wish they use alot of that script. I cant wait for part 2.

8. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

I am severly disapointed in the walmart prequel pack that beginings video sucked big cahoneys and no extras on the movie dvd.

9. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I don't consider it a loss that I bought the WalMart exclusive - it was only $13.99 anyway so it's not bad for buying, esentially, the prequel comic on disc.

As with others I'll be heading over to Best Buy at lunch to get the deluxe 2-disc edition with toys.

10. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

you do realize that each store was only given 10 dvd sets with the figures. they were probably gone 2 minutes after opening.

11. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

I don't think it's "only given 10," but a "minimum" of 10. So there could be more.

12. MegaPrime75

MegaPrime75 Well-Known Member

Our Best Buy got over 30 of them! Now the Ratchet and Megatron were gone before the store opened. But then again, they only got 4 Ratchets and no Megatrons.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Does the HD-DVD release contain the same commentary and such as the special edition?

14. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    so ... some Bestbuy stores allowed employees to purchase them before the first customer ? I hope it is not all.... an hour later I will tell... (from west coast)

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And so will the prequel disc. Infact the prequel will probably be up first since it's only 20 minutes.

16. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

As far as I know, yes, along with 3D renders of the robots. Which only bothers me a whole heck of a lot, considering that's probably the coolest extra there is and it's only available on the HD version, which I found at absolutely no stores today.

Anybody else feel like the HD-DVD is getting buried? Even the stores that should have had them didn't. And the ones that looked like they had a spot for them had them buried in the HD section of the store, and the store-front displays with the movie had no room for the HD versions.

17. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    For the last time: if a character has only a few spoken lines in a production, that does not qualify them as the narrator. http://m-w.com/dictionary/narrator

There are also already two other threads on this topic:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=154224
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=154288

For anyone else reading this, don't expect to find the WMT exclusive for $13.99. The list price is $29.99, but most WMTs will be selling this for $19.96. However, local WMTs are especially ridiculous when it comes to comping prices against other local retailers, so it's possible you might find deals like this.

Although I didn't care much for "Beginnings", if you can find the WMT exclusive for less than $15, that's a great bargain.

18. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My Best Buy had at least 30 or more of the DVD gift sets. They didn't sell out while I was there this morning. However, the metallic exclusives were sold out within the first five minutes and there were at least 10 of each figure when I first walked in at 10 o'clock. Some people bought multiples.

19. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

I bought mine last night at midnight. I bought my 2 disc at Hastings and got a reversible beanie/stocking :cool:  cap then I went and bought the Single disc with prequel at Walmart right after.

It was all under $50 ($45.00). :thumb  I didn't think that was a bad deal.

20. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

IMO, buying one movie twice = bad deal.

But hey, to each his own. ;)