Just bought Cyclonus (SS or hound?)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheCuddlyDevil, Jul 24, 2009.

1. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

Hi

I haven't bought anything in quite a while, so while in TRU I couldn't believe what I found. Classics Cyclonus! Where I live we rarely get any TFs and seeing this was really cool. Especially since Cyclonus was one of those characters that I always wanted and never had. the toy is awesome anyway in terms of design and alt mode, as if being Cyclonus alone wasn't enough!

Anyway, I wanted to ask if I should get Hound or SS next. I *do* need an Autobot to battle Cyclonus, but I already have Mirage and Grimlock, although they're in parts and not doing well.

Anyway, just wanted to know for sure how good Hound and SS are (I had Ramjet before and I liked him, so how's SS in comparison?). Important to note I'm not much of a collector which is why I only buy the ones that are considered really good.

Thanks in advance.

2. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    u cant go wrong with either. both are top ten favorite toys and i got 350 ish.

if i had to pick id say SS

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm going to guess and say that you mean Starscream when you say SS (it could also be taken to mean Sunstreaker or Sideswipe). It'd be a hard decision, but out of the two, I would go with Hound. The Starscream mold isn't doing so well after so many uses, and it's latest use has had many complaints about it's joints. Hound isn't perfect, but he's definitely good enough to get. Plus, he comes with Ravage, so you get both an Autobot and a Decepticon.

4. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hound and Ravage. Totally.

5. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

Hound

6. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    both, but if i had to pick i would say hound

7. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I agree, except I have a little over 300, and if I had to choose between either I'd pick Hound. The Uni/Classics revisions of the classic autobot cars are almost perfect. Starscream is great too, but there have been a billion version of SS, and although this was is probably my favorite, Hound hasn't had nearly as much love AND he comes with a new Ravage. Buy both, or everything. You can't go wrong with Universe or Classics aside from maybe Hot shot.

8. mickmike

mickmike Active Member

Good work on getting Cyclonus i bought him yesterday myself. Very cool toy. Went back to the same store today and picked up both Hound and Smokescreen. I have just started collecting as welland tend to buy figures based on either novelty value (growing up with G1) or if they look cool (ROTF Sideswipe, i'm lookin at you).

I reckon you should grab both. If cash is an issue, put them on layby.

9. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Hound for the win!!!

10. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    and cheetor.

and this may just be me but why do all of the charactors for the kids have shit toys?

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely Hound but if SS stands for Sideswipe, its not to shabby too. If SS stands for Starscream then get him only because he's one of the core characters in the TF mythos.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Get both. Hound's great. There are better Autobots in my opinion, but Hound's among the better ones. You had/have Ramjet, and the mold was created for Starscream, so you can see where that's going. You can't go much wrong with the Seeker base, I have most of them.

13. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

get both, i've just ordered Henkei SS and mirage a few days ago. i am still looking for henkei hound and cyclonus, both are very hard to find! i did see the classics versions at forbidden planet last month but now they have not gone! i regret not getting them....

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SS is quite easy to find given how this is not its first release but hound that toy is awesome

15. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Hound is one of the best Deluxe toys ever. And Ravage is one of the best Mini-Con-sized toys ever as well. I got him for $15, and I don't regret my purchase one bit.

16. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    id grab a hound as there are several available version of starscream mould so hound is likely to be harder to find eventually. both are awesome though and are amongst the best TF toys in years, if only all the classics had been so classic!

17. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

SS is for Starscream, yes.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm gonna get Hound today and see how it does.

Also, my brother will be coming from Malaysia in a week, and there are more TFs there than here (I live in Saudi Arabia). Any Henkei figures to keep an eye out for? Any special movie figures? Sorry for the so-many questions.

Thanks again.

18. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    i want a hound repaint as swindle FTW!

19. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

get hound, you'll not regret it.

20. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hound is awsome, so is ravage for that matter. starscream is pretty cool too though but i say hound. i never regretted it at all. besides youcan always get acid storm at a latter date when its reduced they seem to be peg warming (in my area anyway)