Just bought a RID Barricade (Onslaught) FP Bruticus...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FortressMaximus1976, Jun 11, 2010.

1. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey guys,

I just scored a new RID Barricade (Onslaught) misb on ebay since I'm piece-mealing Bruticus Maximus while awaiting for my Blast Off/Swindle upgrades to be shipped out (as many of us are).

My buddy is giving me 2 extras pieces he already has, the Vortex for the arm, & Brawl from the ROTL Bruticus Maximus, for the leg. I was curious what you guys think about the coloration of the RID Barricade working for this Bruticus upgrade...I kinda think it has more "g1 onslaught" colors.

Anyone think its going to clash by comparison to the grey ROTL version? I'm not spending the crazy inflated ebay prices that POS is going for now for the complete set, so I'm doing this on the cheap...

Thanks!

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you mean energon Barricade? RID Ruination won't work with the FP stuff. Also, someone has photoshopped the various combinations and the energon figures look great with the FP stuff

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yes, same deco as the Energon version but on a Universe card for dollar stores.

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/universe-decepticons-196/barricade-1020/

As to the question, I'm using the Energon version to start. I prefer the more G1-toy style colors for sure.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you still have the photo? I think you posted it originally and I can't find it anywhere:cry 

5. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

In vehicle mode the colors will definitely clash. But it'll look pretty good in combined mode. I'm hoping that FP does an energon colored set. I have both versions, and I'd LIKE to use the energon Barricade, but personally it's gonna bug me if my Onslaught doesn't match his add on parts.

6. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm in agreement as well, that's why I chose it. And yes Chrisr291...Energon Barricade on Universe card back.

Thanks!

7. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With this set I prefer the ROTF version.
    Hopefully FP will repaint them into G1(ish) colors for the energon version.