Just bought a KO Sports Label, unsure of its quality

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Abrogate, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    So, I just found an auction for a Sports Label that was much lower priced than the others, and I thought "huh, the guy didn't put Convoy or Optimus in the auction name, I guess no one noticed it," but then after paying for it, I realized that it has no Nike logos and the boxart is different from the official thing. Yeah, I'm not the most well-researched I guess.

Sports Label Conversion Transforming Shoe Red w/ Box - eBay (item 370494423186 end time Mar-25-11 11:59:02 PDT)

Now, after buying it, I googled and found out there's multiple Sports Label KOs out there, but I couldnt find this one; it looks like the real box, but the boxart is changed so that no mention of Nike or Transformers are on it, instead it just says "CONVERSION" with the number 40. Has anyone seen this one? If so, is it high-quality? Does the robot mode colors look like Prime?

2. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

I've seen tons of KOs of this Sports label but never this exact one. Looks to be good quaility. Good luck!

3. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have it...its awesome. I was told the boxed ones are good quality but you want to avoid the carded ones.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    The same one, with "CONVERSION" on the box and the Nike logo replaced by 40?

Seller sent me a picture of the robot mode

[​IMG]

The main robot mode differences seem to be the feet, hips, and lack of logos... nothing major. If there's shoe mode differences, I probably wouldnt realize it anyway. If the quality is "awesome" like you say, then I probably got an okay deal :) 

5. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sometimes the legs are a little loose on those. ive had those exact ones before. other than that they are fairly nice for the price.

6. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I have two of those, Prime and Megs, the quality is pretty good. The sell for 6$ american each in Shanghai.

7. katch26

Ebay:
    yeah they're only like 10-15 on ko toys.
    [​IMG]

8. katch26

Ebay:
    yeah you def have the same one I have. I have only 2 real problems with mine
    1. the ball joint on the head was a tad loose
    2. (and I don't know if this is a problem with the original mold or not) and you can see it on yours but the shoe bits on the back of the legs seems a little to long which keeps the leg from swiveling back and is what gives it that leaning forward look.

edit:

just noticed that wings on yours are mounted opposite of mine which explains why mine are always in the way