Just bought a G1 Blitzwing gun and it doesn't fit for my G1 Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GeraldKeefer, Dec 29, 2010.

1. GeraldKeefer

GeraldKeefer Gabba Gabba Hey!

Just bought a G1 Blitzwing gun and it doesn't fit for my G1 Blitzwing Question

ok, I'm not an exact expert on weapons but I had picked up a decent G1 Blitzwing here and it's authentic and it needed weapons. There was an auction for both his sword and rifle and I bought it.

Anyway, the sword fits perfect but the gun doesn't. It wont really stay or go in the hole and isn't even really close to doing it.

is possibly my hand worn out and it's the toys flaw? I mean I guess I can put tape around it but thought I would ask the Masters that frequent this forum if they could enlighten me. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

2. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I'm no expert either, but the problem could just be your Blitzwing.

For reasons I can only guess at, Hasbro/Takara made a ton of changes to Blitzwing's mold between production runs. Specifically, they altered the missile launchers, fists, wing attachment pegs, wing attachment sites, leg sliding mechanism, and torso so that it's pretty difficult (if not impossible) to swap parts between toys unless they're from exactly the same production run or you don't mind creating some kind of Frankenstein Blitzwing with mismatching components.

My best guess is that you're trying to match the gun from one production run with a Blitzwing from another production run. I could try digging out my own versions of the toys (for some reason, I have about a half dozen versions of him) to try and reproduce your problem if you'd like.

Also, I'm not quite sure how those two guns you linked to are different styles. Could you elaborate?

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mine is the same and it came from the same childhood collection

4. GeraldKeefer

Thanks for the answers! The 2 guns are different if you just compare the 2 pics next to one another.

And good to know the same problem isn't just with mine. I guess I'll just figure a way to rig it in there. Thanks again

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    They both look the same to me. The pic on the left is the one with the sword and I rotated it 180ยบ because it was upside down:

[​IMG]

It might help if you take a pic of the other side with the peg.

6. GeraldKeefer

Nice I'm a complete idiot! I was looking at it upside down. :dunce  1st Post edited

Goes to show when you want to find something wrong with something you overlook the obvious. Seems like it was a normal problem I'll probably try and wrap a little tape around the hold to make it bigger to stay in his hand.

So embarassed