Just bought 7 of my Japanese grails!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ninety, Mar 26, 2009.

1. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I normally wait until I've got whatever I've bought in hand before posting it, but I can't wait this time!

Last night I bought seven of my grails!

I've already got the 2010 one, so it's the other six:

[​IMG]

I'll now have an almost complete set of TV Magazine compilations, the missing Masterforce one'll be a pain to find, but saying that I have just got a set all at once :D 

Also getting this daihyakka with them:

[​IMG]

Saying I'm excited is an understatement :bay 

2. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Congrats bud, these are the sort of things that keep me collecting. Good luck on finishing :thumbs2: 

3. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Well-Known Member

Nice

great finds man

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Very cool!

5. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Now we just need some hi-res scans...:) . So is most of the artwork in these books reprinted in the phonebook sized tf manga book and the recently released TF visualworks? Oh, and congrats by the way..I expected this to thread to be someone showing artfire/stepper and the dino cassettes..lol.

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's pretty flippin' cool. Exactly what all do these contain? The TV Magazine mangas? Or the story pages?

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Impressive stuff!

8. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Cheers guys, I absolutely love these Japanese books, despite reading and speaking no Japanese! Ive got a few different types and am working on getting more, but they don't show up often, and on the rare occurence they're on ebay, they're always hideously over-priced.

These ones are TV Magazine compilations, to be completely honest, I've not seen the inside of them, apart from the 2010 one which I already have. It's all colour, a mix of mainly art, some toy pics, and a few stills from the cartoon. I'm looking forward to opening the others, if I can I'm going to try and ration them :D 

Some of the artwork in 2010 is in Visualworks and Generations, I'd have to compare them to say how much, but as an example, 2010 has the 'We are Cybertrons' line-up, and the corresponding Destron group pic.

I'll take some pics of the contents of 2010, in the meantime some old Photobucket pics:

My favourites, Kodansya daihyakka, these are small novel-sized pocket encyclopedias:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back of 2010:

[​IMG]