Minor/Repaint: just another leader prime repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by EvaUnit13, Aug 5, 2009.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

throwing another one on the pile. i did a blackwash and painted in some colored details, then i thought that the blackwash made him look overall too dark (omg i iz rashust) and there were a few metallic scrapes in the colored parts according to the concept art so i drybrushed the whole thing gray, because there are too many silver drybrushes and i ran out of silver a while ago. the swords were a bitch because i kept messing up so i just decided to strip the paint, spray it orange, paint the gray parts, blackwash the whole thing, then drybrush gray and orange where appropriate. i gave him a gun out of crapmada prime's gun by sanding the handle and cutting a bit to fit in his hand better. no alt mode pics since the only things i added were gray highlights

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice!

3. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Good stuff, great idea using Arm Primes it gun really suits this figure

4. hunterelf

hunterelf Decepticon

giant hair dryer ,lol

5. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    kick-ass

6. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    The drybrushing and detail work on the robot parts look great. Very good work on those swords as well. :thumb 

Good idea drybrushing gray/silver unto the blue/red robot panels. They do have some paint scuffs on the CG model yet most people tend to leave them alone when painting this figure. I do think yours was a little overdone, though. The legs, kneeguards, and thigh panels have so much drybrushing going on and then you see them beside the truck parts (such as the fenders on his ankles) that are squeaky clean. I'd recommend cleaning some of these panels up and just leaving a little scuffing on the edges. :) 

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

yeah i was gonna stick to edges then while painting i thought that it didn't stand out enough and went overboard, lol. one day i might take a fingernail and scratch a bit off