Just announced on G4 of all places....Daredevil to be replaced in Hells Kitchen by...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The black panther...... cut off from wakanda and with out tech he is black panther the man without fear.

Well I'm dropping Daredevil from my pull list tomorrow. There goes yet another Marvel title from my pulls. Soon at the rate these stupid stunts are going there will be none. Also the writers should know, that was the premise of the old Black panther series BP in new york adjusting to american customs, hiding he was a king and teaching school.

Wait to go marvel you have cancelled another title (probably short term) To retell another arc you previously told years ago.

Not to mention, you have canceled BP in his own comic 4 times now how does Replacing DD and giving BP another solo title change things?

DD ends at issue #514 btw

2. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

This... huh. I really don't have the words for this.

3. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Marvel seriously lost its way years ago. Crap like this comes as no surprise. I really don't read much from Marvel or DC anymore.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't see getting too worked up over it. In a couple of years (at most), probably following a "Return of Matt Murdock" event, Matt Murdock will be back to being Daredevil and no one will even remember this...in-universe or IRL.

5. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Honestly it would have been better if ECHO was the new daredevil, bendis even hinted at it for awhile. Plus the DD would take on a whole new meaning. Heck even Electra would have been a better choice than BP. Some one who has more of a connection to Daredevil.

Yet the sheep will flock and the issues will sell.
    At least based on the numbers Marvel keeps pulling.
    Seriously people you guys keep paying for crap like this you'll only get more or worse.
    But yes I don't see the new BP series lasting longer than a year and a half
    I'm also tired of the corrupted they aren't as good as you think story lines from marvel.
    At this point they are running out of true heroes, even tainting spider-man.
    Why can't they just have good nobel characters?
    Just because several years ago Frank Miller and Alan Morre wrote some well written gritty stories, doesn't mean every hero has to be written that way.
    Though the whole noble thing doesn't really apply to Daredevil, but it seems to be a running trend.

6. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Eh...don't really care enough about Daredevil to care about who replaces him. Black Panther hasn't done anything interesting in a while anyway.
    So meh.

7. Blitzving

Blitzving Has issues...

I don't care about Daredevil

...But there are a lot of people that do.

What possessed Marvel to do something so stupid?

8. doubledumbassonyou

doubledumbassonyou Well-Known Member

For so long DD has been about New York City. He was a street-level superhero, who very rarely got tied up in the goings on in the Marvel Universe. While I appreciate Bendis' contribution to the character's mythos I have much more love for Brubaker.

I jumped on the title during his run, and really enjoyed what he did with the character. But this ... having BP step into Hell's Kitchen makes no sense. I'm sure this Shadowland nonsense will not end well, and as a result it will take time for Hell's Kitchen to return to "normal", so a new protector will step in.

There are so many other characters that just make more sense, and yes I will be dropping this off of my pull list as well. It's a shame really.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah I must say that my Marvel pulls have been drastically falling.

In fact, I'm down to X-Force and Invincible Iron Man now. If Crain/Yost and Fraction ever leave the titles, I'm sure to drop them too.

10. Mr. Sinister

Prepare to leave X-Force, then.

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Well that's definitely money saved then. :lol 

I just finished X-Force: Sex + Violence. Looks like that'll be the end of it.

12. Mr. Sinister

As an aside, I find it highly ironic that I have this name and I can't stand 99% of what Marvel is doing.

Go figure.

13. Razerwire

News Credits:
    :lol 

I definitely don't blame you.

I find myself pretty much avoiding anything Marvel now. Been picking up more Batman stuff with Dini. Other than that, I'm usually avoiding singles entirely now.

TPBs on the other hand, I'm on a spree. Vertigo/Image/Wildstorm/Oni have got my full attention.

14. doubledumbassonyou

doubledumbassonyou Well-Known Member

15. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Didn't they do a story kinda like this just a couple of years ago around the time of Civil War, where Iron Fist took over for Matt? I dunno, I'm so fed up with Marvel's stories these days that I've dropped all but the Young Avengers "Children's Crusade".

16. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

I've been reading Daredevil straight since Bendis (back when Bendis was good?). Brubaker was an awesome replacement and continued right on. I had high hopes Diggle would be able to keep it up too, and haven't totally hated Shadowland even if it did go a little past the street-ness I so loved. But this? I never really dug Black Panther that much anyway, why would I care about him in Daredevil's world? I might be back when Matt's back.

17. Mr. Sinister

Yeah, that was when Matt was in prison during the start of Brubaker's run.

18. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey man, Sinister was awesome in the 90's! Just keep rereading The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix over an over. :D 

19. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  20. Mr. Sinister