Just a Starcraft 2 thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by mrhillz, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Anyone else looking forward to this too? I don't know if they're really going the right way with no LAN play. That might turn it away from some potential players.

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I know nothing of the Starcraft games but the gameplay video here for Starcraft 2 Ctrl+Alt+Del tweaked my inner geek quite a lot.

Looks awesome but seems unless you're uber great at it, online play will be a difficult hill to climb.

3. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Really depends on the ranking system, i used to be pretty good on the original, but its been years since I've played. The removal of Lan play and the fact they are releasing it in three parts are both things that annoy me though. Assuming the individual "episodes" are big enough I'll get over them splitting it, but taking out Lan play is a killer, I rarely used battlenet back in the day. Much like my preference for multiplayer on one console, I prefer to be in the same room with my friends when I'm playing multiplayer games. You get a much different energy and its alot more fun when you an see the person your talking shit too.

4. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    i'm highly anticipating this, despite some of the odd choices made (hopefully each races' campaign will be a game unto itself). i loved the original and brood wars. i almost cried when Kerrigan got left behind

5. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I loved Starcraft.

However, I'm apprehensive of Starcraft 2. What with all the new RTS games we've been getting, it looks a bit... backward, in its gameplay. Like, they're just going to make Starcraft, BUT IN 3D!!!

No LAN and different purchase for every campaign? Bleugh.

6. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I'm actually hoping that the other campaigns are basically expansions, but still spending $110 for the whole story is kinda shitty.

7. Whalemusic360

Whalemusic360 Well-Known Member

Didn't SC 1 ship without LAN capabilities? I run a LAN party 4 times a year and every time i install (computers get re-imaged between LAN partys) i have to get on b.net to dl some patchs before i can get a LAN set up. So maybe this is something Blizzard will add when enough people complain about it? they are kind of shorting themselves too, I bought 8 copys of SC1 just for that and i wont if i can't make them talk with eachother

8. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm looking foward to playing through the campaign. I don't play much melee; Warcraft 3 turned me on to custom maps, and I can only hope they'll be just as good in this.

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    I had to Zombie a thread rather than start a new one. So yeah. SC2 comes out in five days. my copy has been paid for for a few weeks. i can't freakin' wait.
    especially because i'm kinda depressed right now, on the tail end of a nine month break up of a five year relationship. so it will be nice to have something epicly awesome to distract me.

10. BlueSigma

BlueSigma Well-Known Member

I loved starcraft. I used to be good back in the day. Kind of pissed they broke up the campaigns into three different games but like an earlier poster said, maybe the story is so big it is worth it. I dont think so given that the entire story will be 100+ I'm going to wait and see. I also want to see how they do the online mode in terms of the level of your competition since again like an earlier poster said unless you've been playing the original it will take some time to understand what does what and how organize your base.

11. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I've never played an Starcraft multiplayer, but I trashed the single player several times. I loved the first one and it's expansion. I preordered the collectors edition from amazon and I'm looking forward to getting it.

12. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.