Just a Scapegoat? (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER

So I was thinking, since Shockwave dies as a little bitch and Sentinel Prime takes place as the main villain, he isn't really so important after all. Could it be that Shockwave was just a marketing scapegoat so they could draw attention away from REAL main antagonist (Sentinel) and make the surprise even bigger?

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Most likely. They went to the length's of colouring/coloring him yellow in the announcement trailer other than the red he is now - That was to draw us away from thinking he was the firetruck. Very well played on their part.

Shockwave just seems to be their for an extra addition. An addition who is fucking awesome.

3. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

I don't get how people say he died like a bitch. It's not like Bumblebee killed him.

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Well if Prime fights Shockwave in the way he does in the comic, Shocky's only gonna last thirty seconds on screen when Prime shows up.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Prime going through him like a hot knife through butter = going out like a bitch. Is it really so taboo to have Decepticons who can more than hold their own against him?

The decoy theory does make a degree of sense. However, whatever effect Bay and company may have been gunning for might have been diluted by the leaked comic pages on Amazon. I wonder how many people are in the know at this point in time thanks to those.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    The 'character dying like a bitch' always cracks me up. It's like everyone needs some kind of childish confirmation that their favorite character is indeed a badass and goes out taking 20 enemies with him.

Death is not cool. and can come in an instant. If your character goes out without much of a fight and you feel bad and twisted about it? Means the message got through!

Also, Prime didn't go out like a bitch AT ALL. He took on three Decepticons while defending a human, was knocked down, got back up to do some more damage, all before he finally tired and was caught off-guard. I think the forest battle was a bit clunky but he definitely didn't just roll over and die.

Back to the subject: yes, Shockwave is a red herring.

7. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    Makes me laugh my ass off when people think that a character goes out like a bitch because of one scene. Oh my God,
    he might have gotten punched in the side of the torso.
    It's not like Bumblebee was blown in half, or Starscream lost his arm or anything. Oh wait, they did! The movie's not even out, if he dies like a bitch after you've seen it then complain all you want. We don't know the context of the seconds of footage we've seen so just calm down. And if he does go out like a bitch then who cares?
    He's not the main villain anyways.
    I think his fight with Optimus will be orgasmic.

8. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    To be honest, it doesn't seem like that punch to the side was completely fatal.

It's not like his face was removed, or his spark ripped from his chest. Now that'll kill ya!

9. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. We all know for a fact that takes a hell of a lot more to take out a Transformer then breaking them in half. As for Shockwave been a scapegoat for SP, I think it'll pay off. It may not surprise some members of this board, like me, but it'll definitely surprise the hell out of the general public when it happens.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Jazz would like to have a word with you! :lol 

Oh wait, he can't..cos he's deaaaaaaaaaaaaad

11. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How dare you mention that Autobot! Jks. I think Jazz died because he was litterally ripped in half, right down the middle. Bumblebee got his legs shot off so he lived, so I think Shockwave will survive that blow, unless Optimus decides to fillet him like a fish.

12. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    based on the fact that sentinel prime is a traitor, I guess that we technically DID get a leader class decepticon.

13. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

I think what always makes me laugh in a thread like this is that a lot of us quickly forget that most of the millions of the people who will see this movie have no idea what is coming. They didn't read the comics, they don't know everyone in the trailer and they didn't see any leaked Amazon pages. It's not like Bay & Co. have too much to worry about.

14. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

looks to me like shockwave loses half of his chest from that punch. imagine him walking around with a huge ass gap after that.