Just a quick comic based question

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Alc_Fluteo, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Alc_Fluteo

Alc_Fluteo The Last Lonely Knight

I just have a quick question about the various comics of Transformers.

Have any of them been released as trades yet?

Um, if you don't know what trades are they're where a bunch of comic issues are put together into one big issue/volume. (Usually as I understand it, anywhere from 6-10 or even more issues can be combined together to make a trade.)

I was just wondering if any trades had ever or will possibly ever be released for the various Transformers comics.

2. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Just about every comic book ever done about Transformers has been released in trades. Are you looking for something specific?

3. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

4. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

IDW's going through and publishing trades of all their stuff plus a bunch of dreamwaves. I know theyre puting out reprints of the UK and marvels stuff but I don't know if they are doing trades. most of the UK stuff is already in trade form, though I don't know the publisher. just go to IDW's site.

5. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Marvel US/UK G1 trades are from Titan Books. I have the entire G1 US run in trade (9 books) but I'm not sure how many are in the UK collection (I only have 4).

6. Alc_Fluteo

I live in the US so UK trades don't really have much to do with me (though thanks for the info., if I find any UK fans looking for the trades I'll pass the info. along.)

Everywhere I looked it said that not that many trades were released. Are there any ones in particular that you all'd recommend? I was thinking of picking up IDW and Dreamwaves stuff...any others or particular series I should consider?

7. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Besides the IDW and DW stuff you should really check out those UK Trades! Great stories are in there! Especially Target 2006,Legacy of Unicron and Dinobot Hunt.

8. Alc_Fluteo

Ah thanks! I'll be sure to look for those when I got to Hastings since they're the only place I can get trades at because to my knowledge, I don't have a comic store near by.

I can get UK trades here in the US? I would think that they'd only be available in...well...the UK.

9. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Amazon and Ebay have them. They were released in the US a few years ago.

10. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Also IDW is currently reprinting Target 2006 with new cover art (individual issues - should end this month) so it will probably be collected in a few months as well.

Come September they will be putting out The Transformers: The Best of the UK: Dinobots #1, which I believe will be a reprinting of Dinobot Hunt.

11. Alc_Fluteo

Alright, sweet! Thanks for the info. you guys. I don't know anything when it comes to TF comics, I just know the shows, lol!:redface2: 

12. Alc_Fluteo

One other question if you all don't mind.

I'd like to pick up some DW and IDW Transformer trades...can you all list the titles to some of them or provide me a link that has the name of the various trades? I can only order the trades if I know the titles or if I sift through about 100 different comics/trades in the computers. Also...is there any order that I should buy or read these in? Because, if at all possible, I'd like for things to actually make sense...or do DW and IDW's trades not connect together? (Sorry...I know nothing about the TF comics as I'm just now getting into them...I'm a G1 fan and I've never been able to have access to comics very easily because we don't have a comic store that I know of near where I live...)

13. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

clickie

most of the trades from IDW are at the top of that list

the DW and IDW trades will really have nothing in common - 2 completely different continuities - as far as the IDW stuff, for the currect G1 series, it goes Inflitration, Stormbringer and then Escalation - the Spotlight trade has separate stories, but these tie-in to the overall storyline that IDW is creating - hope that helps a little

i'm sure someone with more knowledge on the comics can elaborate more than that

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  14. Alc_Fluteo

Ah okay! Thanks! (And I knew that IDW and DW weren't related but I meant were the seperate DW trades connected and then were the seperate IDW trades connected or if there was any particular order I should buy/read them in?)