just a pet peeve...

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by jorod74, May 23, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i can't stand pictures of items where the flash washes out the object and you can't seem the flaws the seller is trying to hide.

any other ebay seller gripes- other than them being con artists and that stuff?

2. lita 1

lita 1 Records Keeper

Ebay:
    Use caution in your generalizations and your wording....there are alot of ebay sellers on this board. In my experience all that I have dealt with have been decent, fair and trustworthy buisness people.

3. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

I don't think all sellers try to mislead you by washing flaws out with their camera flash. You have to remember that not everyone is a professional photographer. Therefore they have to use what they can to display their items to the best of their abilities. I use the flash to show flaws in products. Not to hide the flaws. Without flash many of my pictures would be too dark, and the flaws would definitely be hidden.

As for con artists on eBay, yea they exist. However, I would say for every 100 transactions that I do on eBay I may run into 1 or 2. So I think the odds aren't that bad. I think you're over exagerating a bit. Did you recently have a bad experience on eBay, and if so are you stereotyping the whole eBay community based on this experience?

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    point taken and to heart. sorry about that. should have made it as clear as it was in my head in the first place, as a sarcastic point.
    will apologize for the lack of proofreading there, but considering the occasional use of old photos or pictures of other people's items, that was the idea i had when i wrote that.