Just a Mirage?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fairlady_Z, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Is anyone else finding Alt. Mirage to be just as elusive as his name? :(  Forgive the rant but it's been one of those days. I had a day off work, sunny weather, and plenty of time so I decided to do a little Transformer hunting. 3 Targets, 2 Wal-Marts, 2 TRUs, 2 K-Marts, and 1 Kay-Bee later, I still can't find him! :mad  He was suuposed to be out in May or June as I recall. I saw Rollbars, Ricochets, Sunstreakers, Meisters, and Prowls. Once I saw something blue, but it was Tracks. The last place I looked had a lone Camshaft. And if they have him, that means my area is not slow in getting new alts. I almost got Camshaft, but didn't. I really want to save for the upcoming Classics. Still, it was very tempting. Does anyone know a trustworthy online place I can order Mirage from that currently has him in stock? Heck, I'll probably find one at my closest Target next week when I'm just running errands. Isn't that always the way of things.

I know this is probably a :horse:  issue, but those of you who haven't found him yet or any TF you're looking for you know how frustrating a fruitless search feels.

Also can anyone explain the exact reason the toy section is always the furthest section from the entrance (or in TRU's case the action figures) in these stores? I know it's probably some marketing thing to make the kids go deeper into the store and want more. But in TRU's case would it kill them to have the TFs closer to the entrance than, say, Barbie or Fisher Price. If it isn't a "current movie toy hot property where you must be bombarded with thse toys as soon as you walk in the door" like with Cars or Pirates of the Caribbean does it really matter?

If nothing else, TF hunting can be good exercise. :wink: 

2. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I've been lucky enough to find every Alt. that I wanted in the store. However, I haven't found Mirage yet. He may become the first Alt. that I've had to order online.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I've never seen an Alt. Mirage.

4. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

It isn't worth my time to visit ten stores over and over and over again with the slim hope I'll get lucky. Nor is it worth my gas money or the ensuing frustation and headaches.

Online buying FTW.

800th post. Yay!

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oh don't even get me started on Mirage...

6. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I ordered him online and received it recently, however that retailer has it on back order at this time. I gave up on finding him in person so I figured the extra I paid was saved in gas.

The closest TRU to me has the TFs in one of the first aisles, before the Barbie stuff. Toys are also near the front of my local Walmarts and K Marts.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    The only Mirage I've seen is now on my shelf. He just barely showed up in my area last week though...keep checking the pace you found Camshaft, I'm sure he'll turn up!

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

My one from eBay came today. I was so waiting for the price to drop, but it never did so I just bit the bullet. Again.

9. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I just got mine, but it was from a member of the boards...

10. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

It took me long enough to find Prime in stores that I didn't take any chances with Mirage and got him from bbts. I spent too much gas looking for prime :( 

11. Dominatorx

Dominatorx Banned

My friend brought me back a mirage from america
    i feel very very fortunate

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The only Mirage I've seen was in another collector's hand. He beat me there by like two minutes. :lol 

I've seen Camshaft, too, but no Prime.

13. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I fell fortunate that I have seen Mirage on the shelves of local Targets near me several times. Since I was able to get one from the TFCC during the 2 minutes it was available I never picked Mirage up leaving it for another lucky Transformers fan. There may even be one now in the stockroom of my local Target. There are several of the last wave on the shelf and a lone Meister too and the computer says there more in the stockroom.

I have a question for those looking for Mirage and others Alt fans in general. A few Wla-Marts near me are doing their resets and I noticed that the Transformers area has no space set aside for Alts. The same is with a few Targets that did there resets, no space for Alts. Is the Alternators line going on another temporary hiatus like last year? The only other Alt. that is further than the rumored ones like the Jaguar/Ravage is the Alt. Rumble/Frenzy that is on Wal-Marts website here:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4725762

14. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah Mirage was a bastich to find. I'm lucky I found him even though he was missing three tires. :( 

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Never seen a Mirage. Not even very easy to find it for non-exhorbitant prices online.

I've seen (and Bought) exactly ONE Alt. Optimus Prime.

I ordered two Nemesis Primes, but there's still an excellent chance I won't get them.

16. Def2k1

Def2k1 Plastic Crack Addict

Mirage? Hell here in Michigan, still to this day haven't seen Alt. Prime or Wing Saber on a shelf anywhere. I went the online route for both and I have a strong feeling Mirage will be next.

It sucks when you go somewhere and you only see Camshaft cause you KNOW you missed out on Mirage.

17. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I had to order mine at Wal-Mart.com. Ordered Prime the next day since it was not up the same day but it is on backorder.

I have the same problem, the last two Wal-Mart's I went to have no space for Alt. The Wal-Mart that opened in my town in 2004 never had any. My fear is that the line is about to end. I know Rumble has yet to be released but it seems odd that we haven't heard anything about future waves. I really don't remember a hiatus last year but it seems we knew more at the end of the year last year than we know now. Plus we have had four repaints (not counting Nemesis) this year with no remolding, the only four in the line like that. If Rumble and Frenzy are released at the same time then there may be an end to the line. I know I'm reading a little too much into this but it troubles me that the line is being removed from stores that never stopped carrying the line.

18. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

As Tom Petty once said, "The waiting is the hardest part."

I want to say never again to searching 10 stores in one day with gas prices being what they are, but every once in a while caffene induced insanity gets the better of me. Live and learn. The only TF I've ever ordered online before was MP Prime. I think it's high past time I changed that.

I've only seen alt Prime once at a Target and passed. I'm still waiting to see what else they retool the Dodge Ram as, aside from Nemesis. And I hope we get the Kiss-Play Hot Rod as an alt before the line ends. I still want to track down Alert and Broadblast too somehow. And when is Rumble suposedly due out?

Lately, the alts are placed next to BW 20th, at least in the Targets and some TRUs. My best alt haul so far was Grimlock, Windcharger, Swerve, and Ravage when I stopped in a Target late one night on a whim.

19. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Haven't seen Mirage at all in stores. :(  So sad.

20. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

Many Wal-Marts stopped carrying the line last year around the time that Hasbro started planning the switch to the bubble packaging.

Many areas (Oregon included here) sold out of the Red boxes before Prowl in big box stores and didn't see much of the bubble packs until the beginning of this year.

I've had pretty good luck as of late with the Alts but it's been a combination of sluething and gifting.

Prowl: I trekked all over the metro area hitting Fred Meyer's with my dad to find the red-boxed version towards the end of last year. Found him at the last Fred Meyer we hit.

Skids: Trekked all over the place with my folks again after my car got stolen (3 days before Christmas!) to find the bugger, to no luck. The wave hit the week after Christmas in the area and I got out there looking a week late. He didn't show up on shelves regularly again until the next wave came out.

Rollbar/Ricochet: These two hit pretty early around here. I saw them in Vancouver in the first few weeks they were hitting around the country. I passed on both.

Prime: My wife bought him on eBay for me, I've only seen one in stores since then (June).

Mirage: I looked almost everywhere for a week in July for the guy hitting nearly every Target in the area. I finally ran into a lone Meister and knew I was close to the trail. Found Mirage/Prime/Meister/Tracks all at once at a Target early in the morning. The Audio/Video guy asked me if I had called ahead for a Red Transformer. I told him it was still back there.

I haven't seen a Mirage on the shelves since.

I think the scarcity of these toys shows that when Hasbro releases a new mold in the Alternator line there is a HUGE demand for them. This wave is a great one with new remold, two new molds and Meister, one of the best molds in the line.

If stores are deciding not to sell them for the Christmas season, that's too bad. But really, I think demand should be sated by November or so anyhow when stores sell through this wave completely.

I do worry a bit, though, about stores like Fred Meyer that never dropped the line last year. If Hasbro doesn't support the line with new waves these stores could be saddled with extra stock like they were last year and wind up a wave or two behind for most of next year.

Additionally, if the movie turns out to be as big as I think it will (not good mind you, but big) the alt-only collectors out there will likely have even more trouble tracking these bastards down.